Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:00 AM
brianjskora
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Two 2s in series outer parallel?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Krazy Chicken

parallel
ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Two 2s in series outer parallel?
Old 07-23-2010, 06:07 PM
brianjskora

Stock setup is fine, but two lipos in parallel will really get things hot. You may want to give it a break if you are running constantly.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 AM
gforce2148

I was interested in your guys thoughts about another body for the Merv.  I really like Pro-Line's products so have been looking at either the "Bug" body or the Slipstream body.  I know a few of you have the bug body and was wondering what your thoughts on it were?  Joecool has a bug body for almost all of his rides.    Does the bug body help the Merv flip back over when it rolls with its taller roofline?  I am looking for a body to use on the track that will provide that.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:23 AM
J0EC00L

Hey Gforce,

There are bug bodies on all my rides The Vendetta has yet to stay upside down with it's bug, the Berv has only stayed on it's back once or twice; but the merv has had a few flips where it didn't continue momentum back onto it's fours.

The bug body does help some when the car is rolling or tumbling... Though, I'm not really sure as to how much better than flatter bodies.

I would suggest getting or trying out those spring loaded antennas - I wouldn't even run my wire down it, just install for sake of trying something different. I'll probably order one to try out myself.

The one great thing about the slipstream: cooler temps. There is about 10 to 15 degrees difference in temps between my bug body and a slip stream.

I've cut the front window out too on the bug to help with airflow; but, the slip stream vectors the air at the right spot and due to the shape and size of the inlet, the air is coming in quicker, smoother and ultimately cooler

Choices. Choices. Choices. It's like choosing between Duff Beer and a Donut
Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 AM
J0EC00L

Hey skora....

Which sand paddles you and the bro-law running on yer Mervs? Looks like your moving through that sand fairly easy and quickly; though, you do seem to be on the wetter/harder portion up close to the water.

Joe
Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 AM
brianjskora

Joe
Both cars have the j concept goosebumps. We drove mostly in the packed stuff but did some deep sand driving. I was surprised how well they did in deep stuff, but paddles would've probably been better. The goosebumps were nice for drifting on the packed stuff. Bro drove one if them into ocean accidently but it was fine afterwards. Time for a thorough cleaning
Old 07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
fritz175

Hey everyone!
Yesterday I went out and bought an Merv... YAY!
After running a few times i would like to invest in some lipos and a charger. I have done quite a bit of research and have decided on [link=http://www.specpointbatteries.com/index.php?productID=107]these[/link] batteries.
But my dilemma now is on the charger. I have heard many good things about the Thunder AC6, but I'm not sure yet. I was just curious to what other options i have. i dont have a lot of money to spend so i'm looking to keep the price relatively inexpensive.
Thanks for all your help,
Andy
Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Thedemon18

I'm using the Thunder AC6 and it has worked great. Gets the job done, for a good price.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Krazy Chicken

im pretty sure the stock setup wont out run a hpi baja ss on a 2 cell lipo
ORIGINAL: brianjskora

Stock setup is fine, but two lipos in parallel will really get things hot. You may want to give it a break if you are running constantly.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:02 PM
brianjskora

oh, i dont know what that is. Cant help you there.

If its alot faster than a stock revo, and you want to keep using a 2s, You either need the 1/10 motor mount, and or tall gearing. I think your limit of 2s is the biggest thing holding you back if you are just building a car for speed
Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Krazy Chicken

well what would a mamba micro 8000 do?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:24 PM
honda2237

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

overheat, or pretty much nothing need something bigger, and if you try a smaller motor, i would go small kv because it produces more torque which is need to move a larger truck. a mamaba sidewinder is a excellent speed control for this truck, if you need one pm me. as for motor, there isn't much right now(that i know of), unless your willing to spend $100 on a motor.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Krazy Chicken

i thought it used 1/18 scale motors. and i want a higher kv because i dont want to use that much voltage.
ORIGINAL: honda2237

overheat, or pretty much nothing need something bigger, and if you try a smaller motor, i would go small kv because it produces more torque which is need to move a larger truck. a mamaba sidewinder is a excellent speed control for this truck, if you need one pm me. as for motor, there isn't much right now(that i know of), unless your willing to spend $100 on a motor.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:40 PM
honda2237

i thought it used 1/18 scale motors. and i want a higher kv because i dont want to use that much voltage.

nope. if i remember correctly (pulling off all memory) the standard 1/18th brushless motor is a 280 or 300 size can, where the VXL motor is a 380 size can. Its not a matter if you want to or not, if your going to run a smaller sized motor you have to run a smaller KV and higher voltage to make up for the difference in can size. now if you run a bigger or same size can, you can get away with running higher KV motors, but i wouldn't go over 7000kv for offroad. this is the exact reason why you see low KV ratings for the 1/8th sized motors.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Krazy Chicken

the duratrax vendetta uses 380 size motor. and it is useually the smaller the can the higher the kv, just look at micro t brushless motors, they are way up their.

nope. if i remember correctly (pulling off all memory) the standard 1/18th brushless motor is a 280 or 300 size can, where the VXL motor is a 380 size can. Its not a matter if you want to or not, if your going to run a smaller sized motor you have to run a smaller KV and higher voltage to make up for the difference in can size. now if you run a bigger or same size can, you can get away with running higher KV motors, but i wouldn't go over 7000kv for offroad. this is the exact reason why you see low KV ratings for the 1/8th sized motors.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:13 PM
honda2237

ya i pretty sure those are brushed, finding a 380 sized can brushless motor is hard. yes they make the smaller can with higher kvs, this has nothing to do with your case. please do more research and believe what i am telling you, i have been in to brushless and lipos for many years, heck i watched castle build their mamba series brushless systems. The mini t is a small car, which means less weight, so they can put high kv motors on them with out a problem. Your problem is weight.
Higher KV=higher speeds and less torque
lower kv = more torque and less top speeds
bigger can size= more torque
Vehicle weights more= need bigger can and lower Kv motor and more voltage
lighter truck= smaller can, higher KV motor but can't run as much voltage because you will destroy the motor, likely the magnet.
ALSO remember that a merv is a 1/16th not 1/18th scale. mind you, a mamba micro 6800 on 3s was slow on my mini-lst. im not saying a small can size can't have high Kv, im saying for your application, it can't, and won't work.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Krazy Chicken

castle doesn't list a can size, but novak also makes 380 sized brushless motors. me bringing up about smaller motors more kv had to deal with you talking about 1/8 scale conversions.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...cro/index.html
and feigao makes 380 sized brushless motors also.
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...AO_380C&cat=36

ya i pretty sure those are brushed, finding a 380 sized can brushless motor is hard. yes they make the smaller can with higher kvs, this has nothing to do with your case. please do more research and believe what i am telling you, i have been in to brushless and lipos for many years, heck i watched castle build their mamba series brushless systems. The mini t is a small car, which means less weight, so they can put high kv motors on them with out a problem. Your problem is weight.
lighter truck= smaller can, higher KV motor but can't run as much voltage because you will destroy the motor, likely the magnet.
ALSO remember that a merv is a 1/16th not 1/18th scale. mind you, a mamba micro 6800 on 3s was slow on my mini-lst. im not saying a small can size can't have high Kv, im saying for your application, it can't, and won't work.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 PM
honda2237

forgot about novak, don't hear to much about that motor, but i wouldn't think it would work(i don't like novak from my experience with running a motor with bigger trucks). I haven't heard of anyone trying it. Don't under stand the last statement, i said the 1/18th scales run smaller kv motor, because of the weight. The smaller motors are meant for smaller cars, the mini-t is a small 1/18th scale with only 2wd (less rolling resistance and moving parts), so they can run higher Kv motors without a problem.

castle doesn't list a can size, but novak also makes 380 sized brushless motors. me bringing up about smaller motors more kv had to deal with you talking about 1/8 scale conversions.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Krazy Chicken

never mind about that last part, you didn't catch my edit about fiegao making 380 motors also.

forgot about novak, don't hear to much about that motor, but i wouldn't think it would work(i don't like novak from my experience with running a motor with bigger trucks). I haven't heard of anyone trying it. Don't under stand the last statement, i said the 1/18th scales run smaller kv motor, because of the weight. The smaller motors are meant for smaller cars, the mini-t is a small 1/18th scale with only 2wd (less rolling resistance and moving parts), so they can run higher Kv motors without a problem.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:56 PM
honda2237

ya i did miss that, i haven't ran any of their motors, but i did hear good things about them with their bigger applications. that motor could work, excepth the fact that it has a 540 can bolt pattern, so i don't know if it would match the traxxas, or it would even fit. you could probably get the big block conversion and that would probably work.
only if they made a wraith motor still, it would probably work, it was a very fast motor.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Krazy Chicken

so how fast do you think it would be with the 6760 feigao motor?

ya i did miss that, i haven't ran any of their motors, but i did hear good things about them with their bigger applications. that motor could work, excepth the fact that it has a 540 can bolt pattern, so i don't know if it would match the traxxas, or it would even fit. you could probably get the big block conversion and that would probably work.
only if they made a wraith motor still, it would probably work, it was a very fast motor.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
honda2237

i wouldn't be able to tell you, you would probably gain 5-20 mph difference, depending on battery, weight, ect.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
wyattroa

I have some issues going on.. First off, my rear diff.. Not sure what is going on there. When the car is off i can spin one tire clockwise and the other will spin counter clockwise... Seems normal to me, which it is. The problem is i raised the truck in the air to check something out and found that when giving the truck full throttle both rear tires will spin, but the one side will eventually stop while the 3 other tires spin. It does not appear to be the driveshaft since the entire drive shaft comes to a stop right from the diff. The drive shaft is still connected to the diff and everything spins freely with no binding issues. When I spin both rear tires in the same direction, the front spin along with them. When I do the same with the front tires, the rear both spin equally in the same and correct direction. Kinda at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Robert
Old 07-24-2010, 06:54 PM
brianjskora

Everything sounds right except the one not spinning. That one is definitely experiencing some friction, take that wheels driving assembly, shafts, and bearings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.