Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro rs4 setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Micro rs4 setup

I may be getting a used micro rs4 in a trade and really don't know anything about how to set these things up. it has a motor, I'm not sure what it is yet but I am assuming it is stock (whatever that is) and it needs a ESC and possibly batteries. I am also assuming it is a brushed motor which is fine. I am trading just some old tires and wheels that I had laying around for it and thought this might be a good way to get a taste for electric without dumping a bunch of money into it.

My questions are what is a descent ESC to get for these cars and what should I get for batteries. I don't think I want to go the whole brushless/lipo route just yet as I want to see if I even like the electric side of the hobby. It also need a radio which I have an extra AM radio that I am not using that I think will work with this car, but do I need a seperate receiver or does everything just hook up into the ESC?

I am not a noob when it comes to RC's as I have had and have more than several nitros. I am just thinking that I might like to jump on the electric bandwagon.

If anyone has one of these cars and would like to post up some pics of it I would like to see how everything is supposed to look when it is all hooked up I would appreciated it.
Thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 06:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Micro rs4 setup

i have a stock mrs4, and i ran a 2s 900mah lipo on it. the motor got alittle hotter than normal, but the stock speed control was fine. it was much quicker!
i did have to buy a metal pinion(stock it has a plastic one, it can heat up and start slipping)
Old 04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
yakfish

I just found a TraxxasXL 2.5 ESC and a titan 380 motor that came from an d e-revo for cheap on ebay. with it fit the MRS4 and how would it do speedwise?
Old 04-24-2010, 07:35 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I just found a TraxxasXL 2.5 ESC and a titan 380 motor that came from an d e-revo for cheap on ebay. with it fit the MRS4 and how would it do speedwise?
not sure the exact size of the stock motor, but i think a 380 would be too big. not positive tho.
how much is that ESC and motor? i ask because an EZRUN 1/18 scale brushless system is only $55 on ebay. you can be sure it will be faster than the traxxas esc and motor.
but if you did get the traxxas esc and motor, i would think that it would be alittle faster on the top end, and have alot more torque.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:23 PM
yakfish

29.99 shipped
Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
rcslsafut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the spy from novak in mine .(esc)
i used a cheap futaba 2 ch radio and went with a hitech
servo ,it is a hs 81 . i dont know if they even make that
one any more. the motor is the cheap p.o.s that came with it (kit)
my servo is just double sided tape holding it in.
the batteries are the tricky part, they need to be kinda different
so they dont run into the belt. i made my own pack's but have not
run that one for quite sometime now.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:43 AM
yakfish

do you have any pics?