RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/5543091-lets-talk-about-sportwerks-recoil.html)

t9dragon 03-21-2007 10:47 AM

RE: Let's Talk About The SportWerks RECOIL!!!

The Carisma is a 2wd car. Several of the bodies from the Carisma will fit the Recoil. If you go to www.horizonhobby.com and do a search for the Carisma, they have them for $99.99.

Phatty 03-21-2007 01:03 PM

do you know if they sell seperate body shells, i love the mazda 6 but with my new hop up motor i want something fancy!

Phatty 03-21-2007 05:52 PM

the xlr 8 motor is silly fast for the recoil, race day is saturday im gonna have to really feather the throttle, foam tires are imperitive

tashspop 03-22-2007 06:35 AM

let us know how that motor lasts and heats up.

Phatty 03-22-2007 10:19 AM

so far Ive run it 5 times and its still really quick. It hasnt gotten half as hot as the stock motor, even when it was brand new!

t9dragon 03-22-2007 11:16 AM

There is a thread on rctech.net about the Recoil in which someone has tried a few of the Carisma bodies on the Recoil.

Kokopelli06 03-24-2007 03:10 PM

I just came back from my LHS and I saw one of these and all I can say is Wow! They look really nice, might have to add it to my collection in the future;)

kmbgolf 03-24-2007 03:23 PM

Are there any brushless that is a direct fit for the recoil............thks

Dokioto 03-24-2007 07:43 PM

^^ Since it uses a 370 size motor I bet (guess) you could use a Mamba brushless motor. But I don't have any experience with the car..

nbk 03-24-2007 10:44 PM

I just bought one,and I allready want it to go faster.
Wont ASC18t Motors fit in here?
Im thinking of a Reedy 17t or a Cobalt 14t but before I buy just wondering if it will fit.
I love the car,and i bought some ib1200s with it

4 stroken ron 03-26-2007 09:43 AM

Does anyone know if the Carisma rear wheels and tires will fit all 4 corners on a Recoil?
Thanks
Ron

t9dragon 03-26-2007 10:20 AM

I was told by a guy on another forum that the Carisma wheels will not work on the Recoil.

4 stroken ron 03-26-2007 11:14 AM

BUMMER........ So it will still be another month before I can get my Recoil off the shelf. No wheels available anywhere.:(
Ron

Dasmopar 03-26-2007 11:17 AM

I mounted a mamba 6800 in my recoil lastnight. I had to trim the motor plate just a touch to make it fit but not so much that the stock motor can't go back in. I trimed like 0.010 of both slots for the Mamba screw holes to line up.

Phatty 03-26-2007 11:41 AM

I threw in the new xlr 8 upgrade motors but it keeps spewing my wheels off, problem is when i tighten it it catches on the hub and doesnt spin freely, its only my front tires. Any suggestions?:eek:

tashspop 03-26-2007 12:46 PM

is the outer bearing seized up?

for the record, i've been running carisma rear tires on my recoil for a few days and they do work just fine. they are a tad wider, so i trimed the lower lip off the front wheel wells just to be safe, but they do indeed work. i'm using the slicks and its a harder compound so it doesn't seem to stick quite as good as the stock tires did, but better than the stockers after they got paper thin. you have to mount them on your stock rims.

t9dragon 03-26-2007 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: tashspop

is the outer bearing seized up?

for the record, i've been running carisma rear tires on my recoil for a few days and they do work just fine. they are a tad wider, so i trimed the lower lip off the front wheel wells just to be safe, but they do indeed work. i'm using the slicks and its a harder compound so it doesn't seem to stick quite as good as the stock tires did, but better than the stockers after they got paper thin. you have to mount them on your stock rims.
Do they fit the front too?

4 stroken ron 03-26-2007 01:19 PM

My problem is wheels. I have broken wheels from encounters with the boards on a carpet track. Will the Carisma rear wheels fit on the Recoil. Ya know the Recoil has that funny little 3 sided drive mechanisum.
Thanks
Ron

Phatty 03-26-2007 01:32 PM

i think they might be when the tire rolls off the bearing stays in the tire hub, should I lube it somehow?

nbk 03-26-2007 05:38 PM

So the mamba works?
If it does,im in buisness!

tashspop 03-26-2007 08:15 PM

i don't know of any wheel replacements. i'm just hoping mine last until replacements are out.

i've got the carisma rear tires mounted all the way around my car. just looks like a little wider tire on the same rim.

Phatty 03-27-2007 12:44 PM

Hey 4 stroken sounds like you need some practice, stay off those sidewalls, Theyre made out of WOOD!! lol

ronbonham 03-27-2007 10:57 PM

Has anyone put in a Mamba into a Recoil yet? Any ideas what pinion to put in with a Mamba 4200 and the stock Spur? I'm contemplating going brushless. I already have a Spectrum receiver in, but still fighting funkiness with the stock motors and their brushes.

...Ron

Dasmopar 03-27-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: ronbonham

Has anyone put in a Mamba into a Recoil yet? Any ideas what pinion to put in with a Mamba 4200 and the stock Spur? I'm contemplating going brushless. I already have a Spectrum receiver in, but still fighting funkiness with the stock motors and their brushes.

...Ron
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5623182/tm.htm

it's not done but it's close.

Phatty 03-28-2007 12:16 AM

how much more rpm do you think youll gain by that setup, just curioius. I put the Xlr 8 motor in my and it added a good 7 or 8 mph!