RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   My Mini Track - pics (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8183341-my-mini-track-pics.html)

jsmrc 11-29-2008 11:19 AM

RE: My Mini Track - pics

surprisingly enough. with all the little rocks i have it hasnt caused a flipping problem. however it does make it hard to keep a good turn and will cause you to slide out unexpectedly

kybowtie 11-29-2008 12:46 PM

I never have a flipping problem with small pebbles. The problem is a 'kicking sideways' un acceleration, or an unexpected veer off of the line. When it gets bad enough, I break out the garden weasle and water, rake and tamp.

JatoGuy 11-29-2008 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

I've been very busy lately, but this thread has gotten me excited about working on my track again :D. Here are some current pictures; yes I went out into the cold just now. I put my RC18 out there for scale reference. It's still setup for the oval nats right now. I plan on fixing the track up over this next week; it has been raining a lot lately.

Inspired...

Gex_61 11-29-2008 01:57 PM

For the pebble problem, just go out there and work on the track 5-10 minutes a day, maybe while you are waiting for your battery to peak. Just walk around a spot on the track, preferably the furthest points, and pick up all of the rocks. It will get better no matter what over time. Mine has been up for over 4 years now, and it is smooth as glass.

The biggest problem for me wasn't rocks, but tree roots. Both of our neighbors have large trees right on the other side of the fence. We have a tree on the left side of the track. We used to have a tree planted right in the middle of that area, but it was blown over in a storm. The track was horrible for a while, but who cares, it's off-road.:D If there is an obstacle on the track, everyone has to get through it.

kybowtie, it looks to me like you have a giant leaf problem:) lol. A few of my leaves piling up isn't good either. I think they would get stuck as it is now.

kybowtie 11-29-2008 02:28 PM

That's our sycamore tree, provides alot of shade in the summer. Two to three weeks during the fall it drops it's leaves. I use a leaf blower to clean my track of any debrit. I always water first though. This way I don't blow off any dirt. I have old trees on my property, so alot of my debrit is twigs, especially after a nice thunderstorm.

combatman 12-02-2008 07:59 PM

Hey Kybowtie,

What are the dimensions of your track? I like it!

nitro rc 12-02-2008 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
how does this look for my next track change. Before it did not have the middle part at all. give suggestions

FloridaDude 12-02-2008 09:14 PM

nice design make turn 1 wider

nitro rc 12-03-2008 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: FloridaDude

nice design make turn 1 wider
ya that part is already made and is plenty wide, it is just a mistake i made drawing it. But thanks for the input.

FloridaDude 12-03-2008 03:36 PM

oh ok. is it just the way i see it or is there a grade increase and decrease

kybowtie 12-03-2008 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: combatman

Hey Kybowtie,

What are the dimensions of your track? I like it!
Thanks. The demensions are 30' x 40'.

kybowtie 12-03-2008 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

how does this look for my next track change. Before it did not have the middle part at all. give suggestions
Reminds of a KY RCP Series design we had a couple years ago, almost identical. Run it, great thing about mini tracks, is they don't require a ton of work to make changes.:D

nitro rc 12-03-2008 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: FloridaDude

oh ok. is it just the way i see it or is there a grade increase and decrease
nope, it is all on flat ground. If you are talking about the part on the top, it is because i messed u pand then never erased that extra part.

nitro rc 12-03-2008 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: kybowtie

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

Reminds of a KY RCP Series design we had a couple years ago, almost identical. Run it, great thing about mini tracks, is they don't require a ton of work to make changes.:D
that would be a small tight track for a RC pro series. but thanks for all the input.

mrbonez 12-04-2008 01:43 AM

you guys have some nice tracks :D what would you all consider a decent lenth for a straight ?

jsmrc 12-04-2008 10:30 AM

mine is about 25 ft long. my straight that is.

westphill24 12-04-2008 10:37 AM

Im going to have to get some pics of my tracks up so you guys can give me some advice. I keep expanding it because it just dosnt seem to flow right for 1 car, let alone 4.

calvino 12-04-2008 02:18 PM

here is a trick ive been told by lots of people, take some burlap, old carpet... and stick it on the "up face" of your jump so it keeps its shape and doesn't "wear out" as fast, hence you don't have to do as much work on it[8D]

nitro rc 12-04-2008 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: mrbonez

you guys have some nice tracks :D what would you all consider a decent lenth for a straight ?
you can check out my picture. It is a great length and has a slight curve which makes it even more fun.

FloridaDude 12-04-2008 03:12 PM

i dont mean to be negative but it really isnt a track just a circle. Get ur brother out there and make him work on it LOL

captanabolic 12-04-2008 03:12 PM

I am hoping to make some thing like this next spring we have six people with various landscaping tools. not my design but it looks like fun. we will scale it down for 1/18ths

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...07_5_28_03.jpg

FloridaDude 12-04-2008 03:16 PM

that would be fricking great. i would drive 4hrs to race it

westphill24 12-04-2008 03:54 PM

[X(] Wow thats a whole lot of jumps.

FloridaDude 12-04-2008 04:00 PM

the more the better [8D]

westphill24 12-04-2008 04:13 PM