Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Helicopter Fetches Plane for Lucky Kid.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Helicopter Fetches Plane for Lucky Kid.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Helicopter Fetches Plane for Lucky Kid.

Every man in my Dad's P-47 squadron survived the war. Including a couple guys who were shot down [bailed out] over Belgium and escaped capture. Within 10 or 15 years after the war was over, 3 or 4 of his comrades were killed in civilian aviation accidents and 2 of them were in helicopters.
I once had a friend let go of a .36 powered C/L combat plane, handle, lines and all. It flew OOS into a forested area. A week later he hired a helicopter to fly him over the area and they were able to spot the plane in the top of a 100 foot tree. They didn't attempt a recovery, but me and my friend came back later on foot to climb the tree and "fish it" out of there with a grappling hook on a string.
All this effort for a $100 Fox.36 Combat Special, but it was worth it..
Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DeviousDave

Yes.... Just like in the video. Taking lessons.
OK, now i know who you are...always thought you had the same user name here as over on r-c-g. good luck with the lessons and hope you achieve your goals, especially if you're doing it as a career change.

Eddie: all my time in the 500 and 206 (150+ hours) was logged as instruction, i was at least smart enough to make sure of that, although what that counts for 10+ years later i do not know. why i was up there doesn't matter and has nothing to do with the functions you list.

y'all can think what you want of the jackass stunts idiots choose to do and i'll keep on being a stick-in-the-mud, it is a free world after all. i'm just not going to participate in it here anymore as i came here for 1/2A and not another LTUP.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zagnut,
You posted you were 'along for the ride', were 'paid, now it was 'instruction'.   

It's best you run off (as I expected would happen). That hole you were digging was only getting bigger. 
Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Sheesh! Who'da thunk I'd have started another argument after all these years. Reminds me of the Cox vs Norvel battles of yore!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Bojac

Milton, now that you mention it that Mustang looks like it might have a Norvel 40 on it.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 AM
DICKEYBIRD

ORIGINAL: Bojac

Milton, now that you mention it that Mustang looks like it might have a Norvel 40 on it.