Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

.10 size profile

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 09:28 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .10 size profile

Hey Fellers,

I'm looking for a design that I can use for my OS 10. I was thinking about scaling down Paul Swaney's Fat Free Taco....but I can't get the plans to download. Anybody have any suggestions? I also have plans for a Pro Twister 40...I just like small airplanes...something about em. I'm looking for something that can handle lazy aerobatics. I LOVE my lazy bee...but want something that can handle more advanced aerobatics with alot of agility. Was looking to scratch build or do my own design, but I'd look at a kit too. Any input?

P.S. For Sale: variety of .40 sized aircraft!
Old 09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Lynn S

Default RE: .10 size profile

I would think you could use the plans for a control line plane and scale them down some.
I built a profile Sterling P51 kit with a .36x fox years ago and it would probably fly with a .10 r/c. I think the wingspan was around 30 in.
Bipe Flyer may have a profile plan. You could shoot him a IM.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:19 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

I have an idea... I have a set of plans for the Ziroli mini sukhoi. Was thinking I'd turn it into a profile...maybe stretch the wing a teensie bit for better slow speed...or maybe lengthen the wing chord. Sure looks like it'd be easy...and would be lighter too.

hmmmm
Old 09-28-2003, 10:31 PM
RC_Redneck

HI there.I scratch build all my planes.Two years ago I got into these 10 to 15 size park flyers and have had a blast,they are cheap and super simple to build. My first one I built was a profile based on House Of Balsa's Extra 300 profile. I scaled the wing up to 330 sq inches. I hovered it,tumbled it you name it ,it did it. 300 plus flights later I retired it. I've since built many more park flyers and am succesfully enjoying it. I have all these larger planes sitting around collecting dust. I think you should find something you like, get out a large piece of paper and go for it, the skies the limit. Once you've done one there will be no looking back.I wish my cp scanner would work so I could show you some pics of my park flyers. Just keep it light and it will work.