Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 06:09 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cox R/C Aircraft Collection

I love the Spitfire in general but this will go for more than my blood.

You know where. # 160626068666
Old 12-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Jaspur_x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen a few decent buys going on the cox planes on that auction site.

I picked upthe radio comtrolled cub trainer(peewee020) that I have been looking for for so long, about a week after I missed an auction for one a bit beat but going cheap;I think it went for $25 or so with the radio and peewee still there.
Mine needed a little bit of "botched flight induced" maintenance,but nothing major. She is no looker, really showing her age with the cox fuel seemingly never cleaned off the foam; but she will fly again very soon weather willing!!
I also got 2 (seperately) of the cox lazybee`s (1 for my son) that were worse for the wear, the first has a baldy warped wing, looks to have about an inch of washout its that bad. Letting her under some pressure to see if its reversible now.
The second, (purchased to replace the first that was originally bought for my son) is not so bad, the worst of it is that someone didn`t like all the white foam apparently and decided to spraypaint it.. I`m glad this person decided to begin with the trailing edge ad had the sense to stop when the foam bubbled but before it totally desolved. I may justmonokote over that to restore some flight ability there.

Then I got the kidsfor Christmas a mint r/cezbee, they are actually a decent trainer and should be much fun.

Keep asharp eye out guys, they are comingaround for decent prices these days....
Old 02-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Tony A.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the Cox Fans -Present and Future,

Here's a story you may enjoy:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585258

All the best,
Tony
Old 02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
WINANS

That's wonderful Tony - how special to share that time and connection with your daughter. Thanks for sharing.

Scott
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
greatlakesgunny
My Feedback: (8)

theres a cox cessna for sale right now in the garage sale section if any of you guys are interested.
seems complete and in decent shape
Old 02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Tony A.

Thanks Scott! I was filled with so much emotion and excitement watching my daughter fly this aircraft that I flew as a teenager. I even yelled out, "Alright Evelyn...Great Job!

Best,
Tony
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM
WINANS

Tony, I can imagine.

I learned to fly in the 70's through a 4H club, and a wonderful and dedicated leader named Steve Hernandez. He took a lot of young people under his wing and taught us about many many things - from modeling to civic responsibility. He was a very important person to me and many others. Some of those moments associated with modeling are really small snippets of life. I remember making my first solo RC approach and landing - e stepped aside and told me to take it all the way in. I didn't know that I could, didn't think I could, but I did. It was an impactful moment. I remember it mainly because of the visceral experience that I had of him helping me get to that moment, and overtly stepping aside to have me put on the line and step up to something that was very important to me at the time. It's that student-teacher and parent-child relationship in a very positive way. So that is what comes to mind for me when I think of you and your daughter sharing this flying. I know it's me realating my experience to your current activity, but all-around it's a feel good thing.

Glad you get to enjoy that with your daughter.

Scott
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Tony A.

Scott,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. Steve sounds like an amazing mentor. Those early experiences run deep for many of us and I'm so thankful that I grew up in the 70's and 80's. Even though Cox is no longer producing 1/2A products, we are keeping this exciting part of Model Aviation alive for a new generation and that was exactly what mentors like Steve had done for us.

Thanks again,
Tony
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Thomas B
My Feedback: (4)

Anyone out there happen to have a horizontal tail for a Cox ARF Turbo Arrow? I am creating one from a spare fuse and a spare wing that a buddy had on hand and need the horizontal tail, the original decals/stickers and the landing gear.

Easy enough to recreate the original marking and make some landing gear from scratch ifnone show up. Easy to do the horizontal if I must but would like to have an original matching foam one, if one can be found.

Took me two years to find a spare cowl for my Cox 182 restoration, but finally scored one last month....

We are planning a very unoffical extra activity for SMALL in Little Rock this year (first weekend in June) We are trying to get as many vintage foam ARFs there as possible.

Cox wise, so far, we have the following coming to the event: two Cox Sportavias, a Cox Cessna 182 and hopefully this Turbo Arrow. Other vintage foam ARFs coming include: Kraft Cessna Cardinal, Kraft Chipmunk, MRC Ryan STA, MRC DH Puss Moth, Bentom Edelweisse, so far.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:16 PM
LukeZ

My electrified Cox Skylane is for sale over at RCGroups. [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1656909]Here is the sale link[/link]. And [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=636780]here is my build thread[/link] for those interested in reading about this particular model.

Luke
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 AM
helidad2
My Feedback: (2)

i know this is an old post but i have a cox phenoix hang glider in really nice shape it as never flown just been setting in my basement collecting dust on the wing for 25+ years .i want to fund a larger quadcopter so i would be interested in a trade or sale outright? i am open to offers. i have the pilot never painted, an original manual and everything it came with as far as i know . i could take it apart for shipping without much problem best way to contact me is e-mail [email protected]
as i dont come here often .i would also consider a nice electric boat rtr for my wife we live on a lake and she has commented she would like a boat . i can take pictures and e-mail if needed for serious inquiries
thanks for looking
Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Jaspur_x

I still have a mint condCOX ezbee2 and my COX cessna skylane182 that would be mint but it appears as though a broom handle was thrust into the box piercing the top of the wing, fixable but disapointing;I bought it in this condition and can`t decide wether to assemble and fly it or sell it.
My r/c cub trainers ;I have 1 prepped to give my maiden and the1 in new condition is still in the collection.
My cessna centurion I just can`t bear to part with but if somebody wanted to get in on the small special event I would part with the new r/ccub trainer, mintezbee2 or the 182 , it loks like I once again will be unable to attend.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Jaspur,

Interested in a trade on the Skylane? I have tons of 1/2 A stuff - Please PM me
Dale
Old 02-26-2013, 02:34 PM
flyinrog

I still have one cox fairchild NIB..found some mold on the the wood parts...its pretty old though and I can make all those parts.....man what an old thread!!!!!....Rog
Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM
ThunderBoat42

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I have some Cox 0.49's in a box of plane stuff from years ago. The 65 sportster would be a great trade. The ones on my old COXCLairplanes I am keeping on them though.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:39 PM
ThunderBoat42

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

KUDO's and Agree
ORIGINAL: Tony A.

Scott,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. Steve sounds like an amazing mentor. Those early experiences run deep for many of us and I'm so thankful that I grew up in the 70's and 80's. Even though Cox is no longer producing 1/2A products, we are keeping this exciting part of Model Aviation alive for a new generation and that was exactly what mentors like Steve had done for us.

Thanks again,
Tony
Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 PM
RobinB66

still have a box full of cox motors including a td and my old fairchild none the worse for wear need to find or rebuild the tail section both rudder and elevator. Lost em in the great telephone pole incident of 2001. also need to find the little plastic parts for the wing struts i can use regular dowell rods for the struts!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
MrGoodwreck

"Vintage Cox Fairchild 24 R/C airplane kit New in Box" for sale on Flea-bay along with a couple of the Cessna 182's, and the "Powered Hang Glider C49 Sky Rally "
Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Tony A.

Anyone still collecting these treasures from the past? Even though I flying RC EDF and turbine jets now......I just can't get away from my true passion for 1/2A model aviation. The childhood Cox memories run deep and there is such a thrill that comes from firing up those engines. It's sensory overload for me. From power on to power off, there's nothing that can touch the thrill of the 1/2A experience.....especially Cox-Powered models!

Heck....I could hear an .049 running a mile away and would jump on my bike just to see what as flying and in two cases, saw a Cox .049 powered Hydroblaster and Dumas Swamp Buggy cursing a near by lake! The best childhood experiences ever, not even the Atari 2600 could top that fun.

All the best,
Tony

Last edited by Tony A.; 06-02-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:21 PM
spitfire1999
My Feedback: (21)

I was exactly the same way! I could hear that little .049 somewhere in the neighborhood and it would always make me drop whatever I was doing to go watch.

Yes, COX is very much collected today! Most trading occurs on fee-bay for the really nice stuff. Check it out, it will make you want to spend some money.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Dassaut
My Feedback: (12)

I am a collector too! Got many new motors and rc kits Cessna 182, Cessna Centurion, sportavia, Canario, skyrally, Double Eagle, Scorpion, Fairchild, Katy did, etc... Motors I have most of teedees original Venom etc...

regards

TOny Diaz
Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Tony A.

Awesome guys! Glad to hear others have the passion and memories of this great part of model aviation. I just wish there was a way bring back Cox, the way the company used to be. As long as there's glow fuel, I'll be flying Cox-powered models!

Best,
Tony
Old 08-30-2014, 06:16 PM
SnApRoLl-

Originally Posted by Tony A.
Awesome guys! Glad to hear others have the passion and memories of this great part of model aviation. I just wish there was a way bring back Cox, the way the company used to be. As long as there's glow fuel, I'll be flying Cox-powered models!

Best,
Tony
Same Here!!!
My Pee Wee .020 powered LA Stick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stick1.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	2027262  

Last edited by SnApRoLl-; 08-30-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:16 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Haven't looked at all the pages here, but here is an electric Cox control line.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	twist, dale last shots 053.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	2027518   Click image for larger version

Name:	twist, dale last shots 054.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2027519  
Old 09-01-2014, 02:12 PM
skylane42
My Feedback: (53)

I have a Cox Fairchild 24 like new, never run for sale if anyone is interested.. $120 shipped to the lower 48

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.