Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger GP- 07

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Thunder Tiger GP- 07

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 11:33 AM
balsa brain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger GP- 07

Can any of you guys tell me anything about a Thunder Tiger 07? I have been coming back to the 1/2a forums for a little while now and feel the bug catching on.I have never flown anything this small before but the cost of building one of these planes looks very attractive. I'm thinking about trying to design something with a high wing, flat bottom airfoil to get my feet wet.A half a trainer.I have only seen one small plane fly and that was years ago and that was a delta pocket rocket that I know for sure I could not catch with in the thumbs and brain department. The TT 07 is the only small engine I have other than an OS 10 FSR. They are both nib so I have zero experience with these small engines. I read somewhere that the TT07 was a dog but can't remember where. I hope some of you guys can give me some imput.

Thanks much,
Bill
Old 02-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Lynn S

Default RE: Thunder Tiger GP- 07

Bill, Welcome to the forum. I have never owned a TT .07, from what I hear it runs good but does not have the power of a Norvel .074. I'm sure it would do fine on a small plane, just keep it light. The OS .10 FSR should be a great engine.
Look at the Herr kits at www.quantummodels.com and any of those would be fine planes for you. Quantum Models products are priced right and they can supply just about anything you need.
I have been flying a 150% size (30 inch span)Littlest Stick and that TT .07 would do great on it. Add an extra bay to each side of the wing and you would have a great trainer.It is kinda chunky looking but don't let that fool you. The 30 in span is pretty fast, but you do have a throttle. I've only flown them with .049s so far but I'm ready to try one with a Norvel .074.
You can build this plane in about a week. You just have to print out the plans and enlarge everything 150% on a copy machine.
The little planes are a blast to play with! - Lynn S
Old 02-17-2004, 12:24 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got a TT .07 and it runs fine but the Norvel .074 has more power, weighs less and costs less.

Although it isn't very powerful there are many different planes that it would be suitable for. Herr has a kit called a Star Cruiser which would be a good fit.

Bob Harris (BobHH in the 1/2A Forum) sells reproductions of the Jr. Falcon and Minnie Mambo which would be perfect for getting started in 1/2A.
Bob's web site is http://www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
balsa brain

Lynn, Bipe, thanks for the advice. I was actually only looking for info on the engine as I think I am about ready to risk breaking my own heart by drawing, building and trying to fly my first true scratchbuild. This would be something I have wanted to do for years. When I get started, I will post pictures and be more than willing to get some free advice. And again, thanks.

Bill
Old 02-17-2004, 09:44 PM
balsa brain

Lynn,just in case I come to my senses, can you tell me where to get the plans for the littlest stick?
Old 02-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Lynn S

Bill,

Here is the site, scroll down until you see the Littlest Stick link.
I will PM you some changes you will have to make.

http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/