Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey Tim Wiltse-RCU

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 08:29 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Tim Wiltse-RCU

I have visited your site and have some questions and thought maybe others here might also, I saw a few first hand examples of your work at the swapmeet here in Burlington on a couple of BobHH's earlyrc planes, very nice work(actually from both of them ((Bob's planes and Tim's engines))),, do you chrome the cylinders? or is that sent out by you?, I couldnt find that on your website,, the price on that? ,, I know anodizing is $6 per part (very reasonable),I would be sending my parts to you,... on the metal backplates, can that be chromed? I did see one but not sure if it was chrome or polished...I also got one of your flyers from Bob, my LHS is big in cars and I'm the only one that flys "those squirrely little planes" but if you'll send me a nice flyer (mine got drooled on).. I'll put it up at the hobbie shop, maybe get you some car parts to do.. you also mentioned turn around time... is there an average?..... like a month?..2 months? ....Roger W. Bond

Thanks
Old 02-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey Tim Wiltse-RCU

Rog,

I do the Chrome on the cylinders myself too. They are the same as anodizing..$6.00 per cylinder. The backplates are just polished, under the brass is nickle the best I can tell. It's a real pain to get all of the brass off on some of them. I try to get things back out the door ASAP, like within a week or 10 days. Just don't ask Raymond about my turn around time...I think I had his PeeWee .020 for 2 months while I was trying to work on a new idea to do something special. Send me your address and I'll send you another flyer...Thanks dude!

Later,
Tim Wiltse
www.hypercoloranodizing.com
Old 02-22-2004, 05:37 PM
jboy381-RCU

tim is the man on anodizing!!!he done a wonderful job on my pee wee...it looks brand new in the box...he had to put a new cylinder and piston in it for me...here's the best part,he charded me 20.00...great craftsmanship at a reasonable price...

2 PICS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47016.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	103859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17567.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	103860  
Old 02-23-2004, 04:58 AM
MR Flyer57

I found some of the same from Tim. Great work and great price. I still haven't fired it up yet, and I have a very strong urge to just put it under glass. But I hate hanger queens, and even if it gets covered with gunk, this baby is going to fly!!

MR Flyer57
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29333.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	104074  
Old 02-23-2004, 07:45 PM
Rendegade

That's gorgeous!
Old 02-25-2004, 07:57 AM
flyinrog

Tim, double checked with the LHS and they are more than happy to put up your flyer, I pointed out that it may help with their sales too.( its a guy/rc thing one guys has just got to be better looking than the others). oddly enough I didnt realize alot of car parts come anodized, but I imagine you could still get lots of custom work if they visit your site.. Hey have you done any Norvel stuff? is it too rough? I mean the engine crankcase(revlite?)...I guess the cylinder head would be okay to do, ...just curious...

I have a Norvel control line I dont have any plans for.. if you want to experiment with it just PM me........Rog
Old 02-25-2004, 10:20 PM
AndyW

Tim,

Outstanding work. I'm interested in the chromed cylinders. They are chromed on the outside only,, correct? Can you do cylinder, chromed inside and out?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:18 AM
Japanman

My thoughts exactly.. is it chromed inside the cylinder????????

J.M
Old 02-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

On a Norvel the only parts you can anodize and color is the head, prop driver( on the old models) and sometimes the muffler. The case is cast so it would only turn gray and looks about like one looks like to start with.

The chrome is only on the outside for looks. I haven't seen much point in chroming the inside of a Cox cylinder. Some of the best running( hightest rpm) Cox engines you will find are ones where the piston will fall almost out of the top of the cylinder when it's dry!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 AM
AndyW

It was a crazy thought, but maybe not. Run an aluminum piston inside a chromed, Cox cylinder. There may be issues with expansion rates, but maybe not. Would you venture to chrome both a Cox and an AAN Norvel cylinder, inside and out??

About the Cox for best running fit. They seem to come that way when new but I've found lots of staining on the piston indicating a lot of blow by of gasses. This can't be good??
Old 02-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Andy,

I have those parts myself. Let me give it a go here in a day or so and will post the outcome.

Later,
Tim
Old 02-26-2004, 10:41 AM
AndyW

Tim,

That's great. Should be interesting.