Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

just 5 years ago

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:35 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just 5 years ago

The Norvel I bought at our swap meet came with a NORVEL catalog (1999) titled "Thank you sale"
with the bigmig.061(cl) going for $28.99, glow plugs were $2.40 the whole line of Herr planes were $35-36.99 each.......man wish I'da started back in the hobby a couple of years earlier,, I actually came back about 4 years ago but stuck with park flyers for the first 2, well, I can only say I am glad I did come back and hope for warm weather soon, gotta get some stick time in this year...oh and for you fellows in the great white north,,,call me a wuss but 32 degrees F, is way too cold to fly in.....60, now theres a good number ...90 even better...100% humidity..start to sweat as soon as you step outta the shower..OH YEAH bring on July
Rog
Hey how long is summer in Canada? like from July 1st to the 15th?[&:]
Old 02-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: just 5 years ago

Rog,
This was yesterday in the sunny South.. (62 degrees)......Dickeybird with R.A. just after the maiden flight of R.A.s 1/2 A Ugly Stick....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62784.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	106414  
Old 02-29-2004, 08:16 PM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can do better than that, 70F here today, light breezes. This is the true south

I flew my new Texaco, scratch fuselage with my Skimmer 400 wing for the first time. Ended up with one stripped servo (rudder) due to interference between the two servo horns on the adjacent Hitec HS81 servos. Srevo was OK around neutral, but both ends of the travel have stripped gears. I swapped out servos and fixed the problem this evening Got to get a new gear set.

Plane looks like it will fly well though

Also flew non 1/2A stuff
Old 02-29-2004, 08:24 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh I know guys we're getting there, my problem now is yeah its 60 at 2:00pm, which also happens to be the middle of my night, Imagine if you had to stay up late to fly at midnight, well thats how my hours work, but I will fit that time in when its not 30 in the morning....Rog
8:30 pm just got through running a tank through my .049 on the JK Aerotech trainer in my basement, AJ was right it sure clouds up the air in 3 minutes...so I'm upstairs, waiting for the air to clear ...door is open downstairs...I think I feel a beer coming on....Rog