Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

another fine morning with the trainer

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

another fine morning with the trainer

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 09:36 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another fine morning with the trainer

yep I thought it was supposed to be close to freezing this morning, but when I got off work at 07:00 it was about 50 out so I figured heck ,lets go flying, this time I checked everything before I left, got to the field and it didnt want to start, check the glow head and it wasnt very bright, so I took a glow head off my tee dee and put it on the norvel, it worked but I had to use my electric starter everytime to start it...I think the c/l tank is only like 1/2 oz it only runs 2 or 3 minutes,,had 4 perfect flights it was great! on the 4th flight I tried a loop,, hah, it has so much dehidral in it, it just flips on its axis, so I did about a 1/2 dozen loops and I took that thing up till it was a dot in the sky a couple of times and even did 2 loops no power during the last dead stick.. I put a diagonal stripe of checkerboard 2" wide pattern trim on the underside of the wing.. and today I was glad I did...oh and I did change to the 5x3 grish prop but didnt notice any clear difference, I think next/this week I may put the .061 on it..all 4 flights were hands off flying by itself gentle climb, so much dehidal it wont stall it just falls forward...the funny thing is that I'm not nervous at all with it,not sure if its because its so tough or because I dont care if I crash anymore[&:],,nah I like this one and am working on my contest mustang too, got the wing made, body cut out, I did the tail feathers and engine mount last night before work......ok enough rambling hope you guys dont get tired of my escapades,,,if so just tell me......Rog
Old 03-07-2004, 12:39 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: another fine morning with the trainer

HI ROG! I think you've racked up enough air time to start flyin'combat now! Sounds like you were high enough to be playing follow the leader with the hawks. Let's see some progress pics of the STANG!
Old 03-07-2004, 01:16 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another fine morning with the trainer

yeah, no worries about crashing keeps the FUN in it! those things are a hoot! you tried a rudder roll with it yet? they roll well, but take a lot of down elevator when inverted! they will thermal, too! fly the wings off it, and have fun!