Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Project of the day...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Project of the day...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 06:30 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project of the day...

Here's my Formosa, for now being built as designed... I would bet an .074 would make this little plane rock! It's funny. but I bought this plane from my local HobbyTown about a week before FlyRc and MAN had the articles out on it. What's that about????! Heck, for $45, I couldn't walk away from it! A miniature Typhoon, Super Cheap! I just can't squeeze one of my Tanic 2200 Li-Poly's in it.... I guess I'm back off to Cedar Park Hobbies for a 1500.... Sigh! I've got a Ni-mh 730 that would fit right in... But hey, Go For It!

P.S. Doesn't everyone build with a Martini on the building table???? Ketel One, Citroen flavored, with a hint of cranberry juice... ahhhh!!!!!! (Yes, no knives are used during this photo shoot/building session)

phil in austin
Old 03-10-2004, 07:19 PM
phuffstatler

Default RE: Project of the day...

Oh, as a BTW, I am putting the little GWS retracts in it. Using those as practice to modify a set for the contest P40, for those members who are watching. YES, it will be completed and flown on time! And YES, it will be at SMALL, God willing. I have started a practice with myself, that I won't start a project until I finish another one. I know that probably means I won't get as much done, but I really feel that's the only way I'll get anything done!!! he only exception has been my 1/4 scale Yak 54. I hope to have some serious fun at SMALL this year! I've never been, and have always wanted to. I just hope my efforts are worthwhile to the rest of the SMALL community. "I exist only to serve." God above, I Love this hobby!

phil in austin
Old 03-10-2004, 07:46 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

CITROEN flavoured???[X(] Doesn't the rubber and engine oil sort of taint the taste?

Shouldn't that have been citron (as in lemon) flavoured?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:48 PM
phuffstatler

No engine oil to be concerned about, since it's electric...

And I checked the bottle, since you mentioned it, and it says (hiccup), Citroen.....
And the rubber lube is at least 6 feet away...

hee hee hee,,,,

phil in austin
Old 03-10-2004, 07:59 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Interesting... the French car company is making booze now eh? Or perhaps they named the CARS after the lemony fruit...... sort of suitable if you've ever owned a Citroen or now someone that has....

So.... electric, eh? You going over to the dark side on us? I'm sorry but if you want to continue this thread in the 1/2A GAS engine forum you'll have to promise to install a baseball card so it flutters in the prop for that Awe-thentic Imatation Engine Sound....
Old 03-10-2004, 08:02 PM
phuffstatler

Alright, Dad_gum_it, I PROMISE I'll do a glow powered version as soon as I get the Contest entry done......

phil in austin
Old 03-11-2004, 01:27 PM
2fast4u
My Feedback: (5)

ELECTRIC?? Electric = Dark Side. Pass me the Vodka, I'm gonna fire up a Norvel.