Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

NC FunFly

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:48 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NC FunFly

www.barksrc.com

Okay guys, I went to the club meeting tonight and was basically told , if I come up with a date and present it to the officers they will put it in the newsletter and I can have a funfly 1/2a event, I told them it would probably be a 1/2 day thing , now because of the gate issue , either someone has to man the gate or we need to meet up at a set time and go in together as the gate has to remain closed/locked even while we are inside...I'm thinkin may,... dont need an answer today, but lets get thinkin out there....Rog
Old 03-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NC FunFly

Rog,

I'm thinking like soon before I wear my LS 150's fuse out!!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 03-17-2004, 06:24 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Let me know I am ready. Only issue I would have would be June 12th. That's the date for our Vintage Radio Control Society flyin here in Holly Springs. BTW the Little Sticks qualify for a design before 1970. Go to www.swampsrc.org for the particulars. Its getting warmer and good flying weather!!!

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 03-17-2004, 06:02 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Rog,

I'm thinking like soon before I wear my LS 150's fuse out!!!!

Later,
Tim

tim,
i'm the same way...i'm flying just about every day...maybe we can fly our LS's together,to get some pics to send the creator (lynn)...

rog,
may sounds like a winner to me...i'm trying to get a couple planes ready...hope to have them all flying by then...let us know where to meet...may be at mcD's for breakfast or something...

john
Old 03-27-2004, 10:26 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Rog-

sounds good to me too-

I've missed the last 3 RC events that I was looking forward to, It would be nice to get a date set so I can make plans not to miss it. That and the VR/CS get together that BobH is planning should make for a killer spring.

just let me know, I'll try to jump on a ride with jboy.

t
Old 03-27-2004, 06:20 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: prole

Rog-

sounds good to me too-

just let me know, I'll try to jump on a ride with jboy.

sounds good to me tim

john
Old 03-27-2004, 07:33 PM
kew

NOYS I TELL YOU WHAT MONOCOTE SUCKS IT JUST SUCK BOYS THIS DAM **** I WOULDNT PUT ON MY OUT HOUSE I MEAN BOYS YOU JUSY ABOUT GOT TO BE CRAZY TO USE THIS DAM ****
Old 03-27-2004, 07:49 PM
flyinrog

...anyway the rest of you guys how's saturday mornings? the city sells mulch out of the landfill (its a separate operation), theres also a radio tower, a Nextel tower (no interference) and a hunting club where they run rabbit dogs..... but the thing is on saturday morning the gate is OPEN for the people buying/getting mulch so you all could cruise right in, no gate keeper! is May 8th gonna be good? Let me know...Rog
Old 03-27-2004, 07:58 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

I don't have anything planned for that date. Saturaday is fine with me. Let me know.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 03-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Oh man I have to wait till May!!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 03-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Roger,

May 8th sounds great to me... let me know when you can confirm so I can let the other Hurdle Mills guys know.

Dan

aka Deadstik.......[8D]
Old 03-28-2004, 06:54 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Woo Hoo! I'm up for May 8 (or just about any other date).

I think we've had three Littlest Sticks in the air at the same time at one of the previous fly ins. I'll wager we could set a new record this time.

I am really looking forward to getting the bunch together again. Thanks Rog.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:00 AM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

Woo Hoo! I'm up for May 8 (or just about any other date).

I think we've had three Littlest Sticks in the air at the same time at one of the previous fly ins. I'll wager we could set a new record this time.

I am really looking forward to getting the bunch together again. Thanks Rog.

ray,

where have you been???i've missed all your witty comments...

ok then it's set for the 8TH of may...what time is everyone going to be there???i plan on been there around noon...looking forward to seeing everyone again...i'll check with fireman to see if he can make it...

john
Old 03-28-2004, 09:06 AM
flyinrog

hold up buckarroo John...I got to get permission from the club first.regarding the date. already emailed them and waiting for a reply will post ASAP when I get word.......Rog
and since I can only have the field for 1/2 a day it will likely be winding down by noon...see this is why I never take charge of stuff like this...I'm not a good communicator
Old 03-28-2004, 09:14 AM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: flyinrog
hold up buckarroo John...I got to get permission from the club first.regarding the date. already emailed them and waiting for a reply will post ASAP when I get word.......Rog
and since I can only have the field for 1/2 a day it will likely be winding down by noon...see this is why I never take charge of stuff like this...I'm not a good communicator

sorry ROG,
i'm afead i jumped the gun...
john
Old 03-28-2004, 10:40 AM
flyinrog

its ok John, be happy to have you and the boy here for some fun, just got to get the ok from the boss first.......and you gotta think early/.....Rog
Old 03-28-2004, 11:41 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

May 8th sounds super good to me as well.

What is the time frame that you are thinking of Rog- I think that jboy was just using what we had done for the last get togethers as a judge of what time to meet. SO when you say that you have 1/2 the day is that from say 6am to 12pm and a full day is 6am to 6pm? Is it possible to get the 2nd half of the day?

just a thought -

I'm used to getting up early so it doesn't matter to much to me. Might be easier to get the whole crew out if it could be a little later, Especially the guys that have 1-3 hour drives.

Thanks for doing this Rog-

timothy
Old 03-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Gees...us old guys over here will have to get up at like 3:00am to get there at 6:00am

I'll be there no matter what time!!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 03-28-2004, 03:28 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Sure wish I could make it guys but I have to work that day. That is unless the fire dept somehow goes out of business. Doubtful.
Old 03-28-2004, 03:50 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Ok Brian, when could you make it?... Rog said it isn't set in stone yet...flexiblity.... a valuable asset !!...

Deadstik......
Old 03-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Dear Sirs and/or Madams,

I regret to inform you that I have been somewhat inactive for a while due to an internal maintenance situation within my Mr. Universe-like body that has resulted in a lack of toy-airplane-playing/building here on the grounds of our extensive estate. Or, to say it using normal NC words, I've been poorly.

However, I fully intend to resume both my small model activities, public appearances for the Society of Extremely Intelligent yet Humble People, and posing for male underwear commercials.

The good news is that neither having to wake up at an unnatural hour nor fighting off wild natives could keep me from our appointed rounds... I long to hear the sweet sounds of high-reving little 2-stroke engines - and maybe someone playing a hip Kabuki guitar in the background.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:06 PM
flyinrog

well the time frame I was thinking of was roughly the 08:00 to noon/1:00 area,, see I will still have to go home, go to bed and get up and go to work that night too....plus I dont know how long the mulch people keep the gate open for, but I suspect its only 1/2 the day, I have asked for the 8th but no reply as of yet.....I guess Deadstick is the only one who has seen it but the gate is almost 1/2 mile from the flying site,, which is why it would be a pain to have to use a gate keeper and so much better to have on a saturday.......hope this clears up any questions.....Brian, you sure you couldnt switch out with someone for your shift.......Rog
Old 03-29-2004, 05:05 PM
jboy381-RCU

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

Dear Sirs and/or Madams,

I regret to inform you that I have been somewhat inactive for a while due to an internal maintenance situation within my Mr. Universe-like body that has resulted in a lack of toy-airplane-playing/building here on the grounds of our extensive estate. Or, to say it using normal NC words, I've been poorly.

However, I fully intend to resume both my small model activities, public appearances for the Society of Extremely Intelligent yet Humble People, and posing for male underwear commercials.

The good news is that neither having to wake up at an unnatural hour nor fighting off wild natives could keep me from our appointed rounds... I long to hear the sweet sounds of high-reving little 2-stroke engines - and maybe someone playing a hip Kabuki guitar in the background.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

welcome back Ray...i hope everything is good to go now...

john
Old 04-01-2004, 06:53 PM
flyinrog

ok, puter been down all week, driving me crazy,lost everything..so I talked to the vp and he said they'd put it in the newsletter and unless someone else challenges it with a prior comitment,,we are on,, see the link on the first thread to watch for the newsletter......Rog
Old 04-03-2004, 08:08 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

.....Brian, you sure you couldnt switch out with someone for your shift.......Rog

Yeah, unfortunately it's a real pain to try to find somebody to work for me...especially when it means I'll sooner or later have to pay them back. Plus I would then still have to arange a babysitter. That's OK I'll catch you guys at the next one. If you have to change the date for any reason let me know. Otherwise, I hope you have great weather... and heartburn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.