Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 03:41 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Norvel exhaust

Does removing the silencer from a Norvel increase the power at all?

Has anyone tried a tuned pipe on these little engines?

There are no noise restrictions around here so I was just wondering :-)
Old 03-17-2004, 04:37 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Norvel exhaust

HI XJET! If all you are after is wide open throttle, then no muffler is better. I'll bet ANDY or AJC could tell you about piping a 1/2A. BTW< on your avatar, I see a guy in a plaid shirt pointing in front of a fireball, and was curious if there is more to it than what I see?
Old 03-17-2004, 04:55 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

on your avatar, I see a guy in a plaid shirt pointing in front of a fireball, and was curious if there is more to it than what I see?
go to his profile and click on the link to his homepage...then you'll understand why he wouldn't be bothered by the noise from that little norvel

dave
Old 03-17-2004, 06:54 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

NOW I UNDERSTAND! He's the guy my Mother wouldn't let me play with after school! And he's PAID by the NZ government to play with fire! I don't think I've ever been more jealous of any other single human being[>:]!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:03 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be too jealous -- governments are fickle friends.

To cut a very long story short, the NZ government came under significant pressure from the USA to try and stop one of my projects. Unfortunately, the government had already stated very publicly (on national TV) that the project was not illegal -- so to try and shut it down they had to break the law.

The NZ equivalent of 20/20 or 60 Minutes are now filming an expose on all the skullduggery that surrounded their actions.

It reads like a damned good novel with spies, stake-outs, sums of money measured in millions of dollars, approaches by people operating out of countries deemed to be "sponsors of terrorism" and a whole lot more.

Bottom line -- never trust government. They're far more interested in protecting their own backs than they are in protecting the rights of the individual or the best interests of the nation -- sad but true.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few of us have strapped on tuned pipes (sometimes literally!) to various norvels.
Well worth it.

J.M