Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Who was that guy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 01:01 AM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who was that guy?

I recently reformatted my PC (picked up a bad virus) and lost some addresses in the process.I am after the Cox parts people,think they are called Competition Engines.I've tried to find their website,but ,had no luck.I want to order some spares.I've just finished my "SCORCHER" I built from the free plans on Dave Fritzke's site and it should be flying this weekend.I also picked up a NIB 020 Yeh,I got one at last! So my next project is Ken Willard's Roaring 20.Hope one of you guys can help me with that web address.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Larry Driskill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who was that guy?

ORIGINAL: vauxhall

I recently reformatted my PC (picked up a bad virus) and lost some addresses in the process.I am after the Cox parts people,think they are called Competition Engines. Hope one of you guys can help me with that web address.

His name is Darrin Albert, but his website no longer responds via my "favorites" list. I will email one of his friends and see if it has changed.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:43 AM
DICKEYBIRD

The address I have on file for Darren is [email protected] Dunno if he's still doing the Cox thing or not. []

Dan Sitter (coxmania on *bay) still has a lot of Cox stuff.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:13 PM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the help finding him.I've sent a message to him , so I'll see what happens.Anyone else out there built a Scorcher or Roaring 20 from those free plans?What weights did they come out at? My Scorcher is 18 OZ.,which I think is a bit heavy.I was careful choosing balsa etc.,maybe its just a heavy design.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
jessiej

Combatalbert frequently sells items on Ebay. Nice fellow.

jess