Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

beautiful day to fly

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

beautiful day to fly

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:53 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beautiful day to fly

got in 6 good flights with the JKAerotech trainer, well 5 flights and a crash, it was too windy after the 3rd flight but it was somewhat challenging, the last one deadstick (all flights are deadstick) a major thud face first into the dirt,, took a bounce,,,nothing wrong, I wanted to try the cool power %20 and I did on the last flight, couldn't really tell a difference, of course its not like I was doing low speed passes... but its still pretty squirrely under power but is smooth as can be once the power quits?? I dont get that..anybody know?, I think maybe the tail feather group wiggles some under the turbulance of the engine,,not like its loose, but just maybe because it is coroplast....anyway its still a Blast!!,, this probably belongs in the beginner forum, but I like you guys better[8D]...Rog
Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 PM
jboy381-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beautiful day to fly

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

got in 6 good flights with the JKAerotech trainer, well 5 flights and a crash, it was too windy after the 3rd flight but it was somewhat challenging, the last one deadstick (all flights are deadstick) a major thud face first into the dirt,, took a bounce,,,nothing wrong, I wanted to try the cool power %20 and I did on the last flight, couldn't really tell a difference, of course its not like I was doing low speed passes... but its still pretty squirrely under power but is smooth as can be once the power quits?? I dont get that..anybody know?, I think maybe the tail feather group wiggles some under the turbulance of the engine,,not like its loose, but just maybe because it is coroplast....anyway its still a Blast!!,, this probably belongs in the beginner forum, but I like you guys better[8D]...Rog

good deal ROG i'm glad to see you haveing so much fun...are you flying at the new field or the old one???was thinking of comeing up to fly with you one weekend soon...what do you think???get some pics to share with the group[sm=thumbup.gif]...

john
Old 03-25-2004, 08:52 PM
flyinrog

Yeah that'd be great! I fly at the new field,,you free on any sunday morning?, before the wind stirs up, I got to the field at 08:20 this morning, doesnt hve to be sunday, thats my one free day...Rog,
Old 03-28-2004, 07:48 PM
jboy381-RCU

ROG,
thats a plan...i mostly fly on sunday anyway...unless something happens i'll be able to come on sun. the 4TH of april...let me know...

PS.send me some directions or we can meet somewhere...

john
Old 03-28-2004, 09:09 PM
flyinrog

cool with me,, I'll pm you later iin the week...Rog
Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
vip

Default Fastest RC Aircraft ever

The Bandit weighing in at about 21 lbs, at a claimed top speed of 240 mph, any challenges?
I've heard of Kevlar Jets reaching 280+ mph - Would this be flat and level or in or out of a dive?
What amounts of stresses (lb?) would prevent them for higher speeds?[]
Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 AM
flyinrog

ok, I dont know where that vip came in from, maybe a glitch..but welcome aboard ..I flew again(3 flights) today,, the wind came out of no where hard, but with all I put that trainer through I figured ,,,Hey, its just more experience.. then wind blew my plane off the table 3 times .I had to put my radio on it to hold it down,, another guy I met out there with my wierd hours was there with his .40 trainer and he said it was too much for him, he had a hard time taking off and landing. .. I dont have landing gear so no problem with either for me..my 2 lb foamie would just barely climb and actually rock backand forth in the wind,,and the landings werent my best either....enough hits that I think it may be nose heavy by now but, hard to tell with the wind today........but as always... a blast......Rog
Old 04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

t-52... does the t stand for timex? because they take a licking! the most fun for the money (unless you build one of my hot dogs!). Speaking of that, I test flew the design contest one today, will post pix on the design site. flew fine, needed a little more aileron throw but an excellent plane!

so, does the t-52 get you flying more than anything else you ever had, or what?
Old 04-09-2004, 08:34 PM
flyinrog

It is Fred, I think you and Jboy recommended it, and its easy to put together, durable like a spad without the weight penalty......thanks,,I fly it every chance I get ...its on the charger now for tomorrow morning after work.....AND since I found the site ..I have since bought the pocket rocket and am almost done with it...should be a blast too..right now I have everything on it except the linkage wire and its just under 11 oz......hope I can handle it..gonna be fun tryin... Rog