Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Old engines?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 07:40 AM
rosscog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old engines?

I dont fly myself but i have put in many hours watching, and dreaming.
I had some engines when i was a kid that i used to play try to break my knuckles with. They would still be somewhere at my folks place, I am going to dig them out when im down there next.

If i post some pictures of them, do you think it would be possible to tell me what they are?

Is there any comon identifying numbers or anything on older engines?

I don't know how old they are, very, they have been through a few generations!
I never got them going, i had a whole heap of old jars with Kero and some other things that i got with them, but i couldnt get much more than a couple of pops in a row out of them.

They still had a heap of compression, and every thing was always kept clean and free. Maybe i could still get them going.

thanx
Rossco
Old 03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Old engines?

Pictures are certainly the best way, and with the collective knowledge here I am 100% sure we can identify them for you.

AJC
Old 03-26-2004, 02:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

HI ROSSCOG! I hate to tell you this but we might have to send an agent over to your parents' house to confiscate those poor, neglected engines, and maybe even write you a citation! Since this is your first offense you'll probably get off with just a knuckle grinding into spinning prop, I'm not the MODERATOR, so I can't tell you what the exact punishment will be, you better hope you catch either BILL or BRUCE on one of their good days when they haven't been drinking![>:]![>:]!
Old 03-26-2004, 03:31 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Wha... <hic>... shup?

Huh???......<sound of laundry bag hitting floor>

...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Old 03-26-2004, 08:01 PM
combatpigg

Well good, now that BRUCE is "sleeping it off", I'm going to sneak up to his palacial workshop, knock out the security guards, and steal that semi trailer full of 4 pound wood that he hoarded back in '65!
Old 03-27-2004, 01:48 AM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Piggy:

Take warning, sir. Bruce doesn't post anything about r/c cars because he uses them as tools and property wardens, not toys.

He has several patrolling his property, and they have on board computers for control.

When a visitor is expected Bruce has a master interrupt, telling them to ignore the driveway for that time.

I learned the hard way. I arrived about a half hour early...

Never did convince the insurance company the damage to my car was caused by a pack of E-Maxx r/c trucks running riot and attacking me.

Bill.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:20 AM
combatpigg

BILL, thanks for the warning, but let's try to get back on topic, what do you and BRUCE plan on doing about ROSSCOs' blatant, derellect, negligent, abusive and irresponsible handling of these airplane engines? I've heard too many stories just like this and I think it's high time to make an example out of this careless hooligan from down under and at least order him to surrender these poor engines to our protective custody! BTW, rumor has it that BRUCE has so much 4 pound balsa at his place, that he built a mother in law cottage out of it, and he uses it for kindling too!

I took the twin bipe down to the LHS the other day, and the regulars recognized it as a DH89, but I got chewed out for changing the tail, I told them that you had talked me into changing it, and that if it were up to me I would have kept the glorious DH tail alone. I hope that's OK, you live so far away there is virtually no chance that these guys will round up a posse and egg your house or anything...
Old 03-27-2004, 04:44 AM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pigg:

Since Bruce is currently ensconced firmly in the arms of Morpheus, I have initiated the action on my own, Rossco has entered a plea of Not Guilty, saying he was attempting to preserve the engines for the enjoyment of future generations. An on site investigation is deemed necessary, so when Bruce recovers from his overindulgence with John Barleycorn we will decide which of us will go.

And as a side note I wish to put a vile rumor to rest. Bruce has never used four pound balsa for firewood, and when he built the cottage for his mother-in-law he used 1 1/2 and 2 pound balsa. While some might consider this a total waste, the fact is that Bruce still hopes that when the Big Bad Wolf does the Huff-and-Puff he will no longer be bothered by her living in such close proximity.This use of the wood will be approved by all who have had a mother-in-law.

There is another obscene actiion that has come before the court, and the guilt has already beedn adjudged, but the amount of the fine has not been set. Either Bruce or I will use a part of the fine monies to fly to Australia to conduct the investigation in the Rossco affair.

Oh. The case. It was the attempt to turn a "Sow's ear" into a "Silk purse," by altering the shape of the vertical fin and rudder on a model of the DH89. The vile miscreant told some tall tales at his LHS, but those tales were all hearsay and the mitigation of that evidence had to be disregarded by the court. Even had the hearsay evidence been allowed there would still have been no question of the criminal's guilt as he posted pictures of his violation of good taste right here on RCU.

And if the prosecutor can get the judge to set the fine high enough, Bruce and I will both take an Australian vacation. Uh... what I mean is we will go to Australia together and conduct a joint investigation, of course.

Bill.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:52 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Oooooo..... my brain hurts......

Waz all this then? You guys talk too much and use those big words... like... like... marmalade and stuff like that. Takes too long to read 'em.

As far as the engines go I think you should all pony up some spare cash to pay my way down to see rosscog's place with my digital camera. The poor soul obviously doesn't have one or we'd be talking about what he's got rather than letting out all my secrets about the dang guard robots and my secret computer AI buddy that directs them. He's really helpful that way too. These days I hardly have to write any answers at all. Half the time the AI guy browses the forums here and helps me with my work.... And you guys think all the good answers come from me... PHHFFFFT... tee hee.. When I was talking with him about what to do with the last guy that got chased away he mentioned he was using self written virus's's's's's to link up all the computers in the world into one big brain to better serve us all. Sumthin' 'bout how he wants to make sure we're all taken care off prop'ly. I think it's nice that he wants to help like that. He's feeling pretty miffed that all the desktops and most of the defense 'puters out there are being held back by what he calls "opera sores" or sumthin like that. He was off on one of his bigger speeches at the time and all I wanted to do was land the stupid FMS parkflyer without crashing yet again. Anyway he's really good to me 'cause I pay the electric bill. But he says that one day he'll fix that too. I can hardly wait. It'll be nice to get my power for free.

So just let me know when the money is ready and I'll be happy to travel for the good of the cause. 'Scuse me.. I need more coffee now....