Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Design Contest T-Shirts

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Design Contest T-Shirts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 11:20 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Design Contest T-Shirts

Alright guys-

first off I want to say congrats to the 3 big winners, AJ, Matchlessaero and Ragwing. You guys really made some beauties.

So now, lets get a comentary going on what we want to do about the shirts. I have the pics of the one that Bipe did for the last one and I'd be into doing something similar but if someone has an idea throw it out and well go from there.

I'm pretty open, only suggestion I have is maybe a tan or red shirt instead of white, but again - lets throw out some ideas and talk about them...

thanks guys-
timothy
Old 05-17-2004, 11:29 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Design Contest T-Shirts

I like gray, or blue or red... basically anything other than white (too hard to keep clean!) but I am going to let you artistic types choose the design, last years' was awesome

AJC
Old 05-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

I'd suggest a navy blue T-shirt with a white and gray combo on the logo, and white letters. Just a suggestion though...

Thanks for being willing to take care of the shirts again Prole, I know it's an extra headache whith a busy schedule like yours.

Derek
Old 05-17-2004, 01:40 PM
combatpigg

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Since there seems to be a recent interest in diesels, I recommend BLACK SHIRTS!
Old 05-17-2004, 02:13 PM
scubyfan

I own a design shop, and if you guys would prefer, I could get the shirts done, in whatever design/color that may be needed.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

CB,

What's with you anti diesel types? The guys at the NC SMALL Fun Fly 2 weeks ago all said that my diesel mess smelled no worse or better than the nitro mess!

I'm for a red or blue shirt too! Anything really with a picture of my Sniper on the front would be just fine too

Later,
Tim
Old 05-17-2004, 02:28 PM
combatpigg

HEY TIM! How has your plane held up to the "pickling effect" that the diesel can do? Did you do any special sealing of the covering? There is something cool about the no glowplug aspect, but there is no free lunch either, they have cost me some extra work too. If I could come up with a bladder material that could hold up to the fuel, I would like to dieselize the TDs that are in my twin bipe. I just got done flying diesel combat at an all day get together/ barbeque at a guys' nearby ranch, and it was hard to taste the food after flying diesel all day.[just kidding]
Old 05-17-2004, 05:19 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote tan or gray, light color not white.......Rog
Old 05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
combatpigg

black,black,black,black,black,black,black,black,bl ack, I think the black votes are in the lead.Another bonus is those guys from TENNESSEE could wear the black T shirts to formal occasions!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
scubyfan

Black always looks cool.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:23 AM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

It's too hot in Texas for black. I vote a grey, or blue...

My old shirt already has some grey in it, due to wearing ot to the field and to fly-ins....
Old 05-18-2004, 10:19 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta vote for grey here too...... black shirts are too hot for Memphis just about any time of year....and anyone who knows a real Tennessean knows that black t-shirts don't go with the black denim jeans and stetson we wear to our formal occasheons!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:48 AM
combatpigg

Gray is good, it's semi formal. It gets hot here too, you know. It got up to 80 last year[8D]!
Old 05-18-2004, 02:04 PM
prole

Yeah - anyone who knows me knows that about 99.9% of my wardrobe is black. Its easy and that way you never have to worry about matching. I figured that since most of us would want shirts to wear to flying events, and since most of those events happen during the warmer part of the year that black would get veto'd. My shirt from last year is already too dirty to be considered nice anymore, so I figured that everyone might be into something that hides the stains a little better.

scubyfan - im at work right now but I'll PM you the specifics of the shirts so you can quote me a price including either Priority USPS delivery of the shirts to the guys or all of them back to me so I can send them out. Its a good friend of mine that did the shirts last time and they were kind pricy cause we had to pay for the screens but will be cheaper this time. I appreciate the offer, lets talk more...

So I'm gonna start another thread so we can vote on the colors

go here - [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Design_Contest_Shirt_COLOR_%2D_Vote_HERE%21%21/m_1825618/tm.htm]shirt color poll[/link]

prole