Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cirrus micro servos

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cirrus micro servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cirrus micro servos

Well, I have just realised that I`ll have to get a new servo to complete my MiG.. I did a bit of a search and came up with the cirrus micro servos particularly the cs 4.9 and the c.s 5.4... I have been wanting a really small servo to use a throttle servo for a while. Have any of you guys used these servos or know of similar/ smaller ones that do not cost a bomb?

J.M
Old 06-07-2004, 09:53 PM
hotdogx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cirrus micro servos

Check out RC Microflight magazinein the last several months. Matt Keenon has reviewed these servos and the 4.9 looked pretty good.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:18 AM
Japanman

I found them for sale at hobby people and there was a link to what may have been one of his articles. In it it showed that the cs 5.4 servo can be converted to winch operation as it has no stop built onto the output shaft. Looked pretty good.. Anyone subjected one to the big vibes of a glow engine?

J.M
Old 06-08-2004, 02:45 AM
scubyfan

I use the 5.4 (I think) as the throttle servo on my .049 plane. Works fine, but jitters a lot for some reason. [&o]
Old 06-08-2004, 04:57 PM
Japanman

I use the 5.4 (I think) as the throttle servo on my .049 plane. Works fine, but jitters a lot for some reason
I don`t like the sound of that... How bad are the jitters? tiny little ones or quite big diflections?

J.M
Old 06-08-2004, 07:31 PM
scubyfan

Tiny ones, but YMMV. I don't think it really affects the throttle as a result, but probably a drain on the batteries.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Remby
My Feedback: (3)

Have the 4.9s in a wattage b2 Stealth bomber , work very well. Great torque for the size, light weight . I like them better than some other Cirrus servos i'm using, the 4.9s have a nice quality to them, in my opinion. Hope this helps!
Remby