Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Need canopy for Ace Mach None

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Need canopy for Ace Mach None

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 10:33 AM
rickbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need canopy for Ace Mach None

I just picked up an old Ace Mach None kit and the front half of the canopy is missing. The canopy comes in two pieces. Anyone know where I can find a replacement? I've looked at Tower Hobbies and Sig, and have done a Google search. The best I have found are generic canopies and I would be gambling if I bought one hoping I could cut off the front half and make it work on my Mach None.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:10 AM
kdheath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need canopy for Ace Mach None

If you can find a kit to borrow the canopy from, talk to Bill Sawyer at:
[email protected] about making a copy of it. He reproduces canopies for a number of older CL kits and does beautiful work. All he needs is an example to work from, which he returns. We need to get him to making some of the classic RC canopies, as well.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:24 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually it wouldn't be too hard to carve one of those. It's not a complicated shape. I usually do that for the smaller planes anyway as they hold up a lot better then plastic. Incidentally, hollow them out when the outside is done and they weigh nothing.
Dennis
Old 06-24-2004, 05:20 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carve one out of a block of balsa. It's a pretty generic shape. Or get a small canopy from Sig and replace the kit canopy. It's not that critical that it has to be the Ace size and shape.

Don