Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Do you think I can convert this to a kite plane?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Do you think I can convert this to a kite plane?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:12 PM
MartialArtist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you think I can convert this to a kite plane?

[link=http://hobby-lobby.com/wingdragon.htm]Wing Dragon[/link]

I ordered this one due to the hobby store telling me that the Hobbico Sky Sailer was discontinued (e-tailers need to keep their site up to date [] ).

Do you think it's possible for me to add a Kite on top in place of the original wing and make it a kite plane? Any of you ever done this to a plane and got it to fly stable? I'm also wanting to add a Cox Engine instead with a home made throttle.

Let me know what you think and thanks!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:47 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do you think I can convert this to a kite plane?

You probably could, but wouldn't it be easier to get one of these? [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCNL7&P=RF]autokite xp[/link] I think the sail can be had separately as well.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:26 PM
MartialArtist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you think I can convert this to a kite plane?

I would get the autokite, but I like the looks of the Wing Dragon better and the engine is rear mounted. From my experience watching people fly, rear mounted engines last a lot longer after crashes. I think I will get the kite from the Autokite XP. The question I am asking myself now is... Better to get the kit for $129 and get all the parts cheaper or spend close to $100 just to get teh kite and the tubing for it..