Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

lenoir nc small fly

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

lenoir nc small fly

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
jdwardus
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lenoir nc small fly

is there a small fly get together in lenoir nc is there any one in here from lenoir nc
Old 06-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Default RE: lenoir nc small fly

jd,

There is not one on that side of the state that I know of. But if there was I would be sure to go.

Later,
Tim
Old 06-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

JD,

Since the next get-together of our NC group is at the JCAC field which is a little south of Raleigh, It couldn't take too long for you to get here from Lenoir - Samoa might take longer.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

jd,

What plane(s) do you fly? If you wanted maybe we could hook up and fly I don't think Lenoir is all that far from me!

Later,
Tim
Old 06-25-2004, 11:24 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JD, I fly at WHAM....West Hickory Aero Modelers off Rhodhiss Airport Rd. in Hickory. on Tuesday night we have silent power night, gliders and electrics. But of course you are welcome to fly electric anytime. I fly my GWS Corsair and Tiger Moth there frequently. PM me and I will call you and set up a time to fly if you like. We will be having the Bob Wilson Memorial fly in on August 7th, all are invited.

Tim, are you the guy with the sick Mustang that came to the warbirds fly-in a couple weeks ago?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95919.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	147239  
Old 06-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

vic,

While my planes are sickly looking it was not me!

Later,
Tim
Old 06-25-2004, 12:01 PM
vicman

Sick is a compliment. This guy from your neighborhood had a small mustang that was faster than .40 sizes with Webra Speed .50s! He told me he wasn't even at full power because it got too twitchy. This thing was AWSOME!!

The invite goes to you too! Come on up Electrics will be welcome.
Old 06-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Vic,

Hey what's the story on the plane at the front of the picture that you posted? It looks like a flying wing with a Cox.

Later,
Tim
HyperColor Anodizing
Old 06-25-2004, 02:31 PM
vicman

I put that there just for you! I have no idea what it is, I saw it and had to have it just cause it looked cool. Yes that is a cox on front. I was thinking about mounting a speed 400 on it someday. I have $50 in it. What is Hypercolor btw? Did you see the Corsair in the background?
Old 06-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Vic,

The Corsair looks pretty hot just sitting there!! Looks like all sorts of neat odd bits up on the shelve too!!! HyperColor Anodizing is my anodizing business. I do custom Cox engine rebuilds and custom anodizing of aluminum parts i.e. Cox parts, RC car frames and parts, Full size Sportbike parts etc.

Later,
Tim Wiltse
www.hypercoloranodizing.com
Old 06-25-2004, 11:11 PM
jdwardus

i used to buy all my stuff off bob wilson and i was a member of that feild
ORIGINAL: vicman

JD, I fly at WHAM....West Hickory Aero Modelers off Rhodhiss Airport Rd. in Hickory. on Tuesday night we have silent power night, gliders and electrics. But of course you are welcome to fly electric anytime. I fly my GWS Corsair and Tiger Moth there frequently. PM me and I will call you and set up a time to fly if you like. We will be having the Bob Wilson Memorial fly in on August 7th, all are invited.

Tim, are you the guy with the sick Mustang that came to the warbirds fly-in a couple weeks ago?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:02 PM
vicman

JD,

Check your pm. Name a time and I will meet you to fly at WHAM.[sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 06-26-2004, 09:37 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok Hey Vicman, looks like we may have something going here, Tim your only 30-40 miles from hickory right? JD is looking for small he's even closer, Vicman is in combat and electrics (he does have a cool corsair)Raymond is here and in combat, trying to revive or start 1/2A combat and you have a whole collection of 1/2A engines, dang why isnt there someone in winston to have a gathering? or High Point would be good too......thats not too far for the Raleigh Durham Hurdle Mills guys to go,, I only know heli guys in High point although I think they have a good sized club and field there.......anybody know anyone there?...Rog
Old 06-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

Gentlemen - Start Your Engines,

I know there must be plenty of action for both combat flyers and Sml Brd junkies around Winston.

I used to fly CL combat and racing at the Hobby Park in the 70s so I know that even counting for how many of those guys would be in nursing homes by now, there would still be enough around who would have migrated to the R/C persuasion. And given how big Mouse racing was, there have to be plenty of Cox engines in drawers and boxes that could be attached to little R/C models. I'll wager that all that would be needed was someone to do a little (pardon the pun) organization over there.

If someone does put something together, I will personally grace the assemblage with my presence. You just don't get an offer like that every day.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:10 AM
vicman

The Catawba Valley RCrs have a combat fly in on the 4th if I remember... Might check there. I went to it last year and the whole gig was over by 1:00???. I havn't flown any 1/2a stuff. Built simple series ME 109, but never flew it, got that wing thing in the pic, and a few electrics and have flown a bunch of .25 size combat. Anyway I am always game for something new.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:51 PM
vicman

ROG, I am going to look you up next time I am in Burlington. I usually have that little Corsair with me when I go that far from home. I have a customer over there that loves to see it fly so I ususally have it or another small bird with me. You work 2nd shift right?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:02 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work 3rd shift but I could maybe work out a time, let me know when your coming and we'll see.always good to meet a fellow flyer....Rog
Old 06-29-2004, 05:58 PM
jdwardus

here is a pics of my 1/2a stuff i allso have 3 40 size ready to fly and working on a greatplanes p51 and a 1/2a telemaster which i found the plans for.it want let me post them its telling me the file is not suported rats iwas want to show my messy work shop my wife made me move in to