Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

COMBATPIGG I NEED YOUR HELP

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

COMBATPIGG I NEED YOUR HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:17 PM
radeluca
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMBATPIGG I NEED YOUR HELP

Hello COMBATPIGG, a couple of months ago I bought plans from you for a little 1/2a plane with a high wing and ailerons. You said that you also had a kit for it. I would like to know if i could still purchase a kit from you, prefferaby with the solid trailing edge version that uses the aileron stock. Please let me know if you still have kit versions of your plans. The summer break is the only time I have to build it. Thanks COMBATPIGG
Old 07-05-2004, 12:50 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: COMBATPIGG I NEED YOUR HELP

HI RADELUCA! I have a few versions of that same plane, each one has fewer parts and builds lighter than its's predecessor. I built the aileron version wing, covered it and rigged the ailerons to the servo in 2 hours just the other day. The fuselage takes about the same amount of time, granted I have had some practice and am set up for projects. If you can get the HAYES or GREAT PLANES slim 2 oz tank, 300 MAH NIMH pack, ELECTRON RX [or smaller], and a HS 81 or HS 55 servos, the small version plane is for you and will be RTF at 10 to 12 ozs, depending on wood selection and building "techniques" [gobs of glue, added braces, gussets,retracts[:'(]{just kidding}]. The 36" version flies well and is a great combat wing. If you put the aileron servo on top of the wing it is ugly, but is the easiest setup. Otherwise you are on your own to conceal the servo and linkage. If you want to challenge your reflexes, cut the outer rib bay off each wing panel later to get a hotrod effect. Plan accordingly and put an extra hinge on the ailerons to make chopping the wing down easy to do. The rudder/ elevator version is actually my favorite, the rolls are axial and it is much quicker to build and repair. Let me know what your thoughts are, and requirements are, and we can build the fuselage to match the dimensions of your equipment. I will cut you a kit for $30 plus postage, how does that sound?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93656.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	150322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx67442.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	150323