Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

tee dee .049 questions

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

tee dee .049 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 08:05 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tee dee .049 questions

Hey ya'll over the past couple of years I have bought a few td's off of ebay and other places ,,I have one on my foamy flyer ( yeah its fixed)with twin exhaust slits...I think Tim W. gave me a throttle exhaust ring at the fun fly, anyway I went to put it on and it covers the top slit ..effectively starting off at 1/2 throttle...I got another one and took the cylinder off ,but someone used the slits to take the cyl. off and boogered them up, out with the dremel tool,, got them smoothed down ok enough to use the ring on it but havent fired it up yet....now like a dumb***** I too tried a while back to get a cylinder off of a golden bee (it didnt have any flat spot on it) but I boogered up the inside of mine and the piston wont fit past the slits...anybody got an idea for a repair,,it is a cylinder that Tim W chromed for me, other than that I wouldnt really care about it....thanks..Rog
Old 07-05-2004, 11:53 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tee dee .049 questions

Shame on you Rog....40 lashes with a limp nyrod! Glad I never buggered up a cylinder. (Yea, RIGHT!)

If you're talking about burrs on the inside of the cyl. at the exhaust ports, using a sharp exacto, carefully trim the burrs by hand. Ledloy steel is soft and burrs can easily be trimmed. Put the cyl. on an old case, clamp that in a vise to hold it steady, put a strong light on it and go to town. Just go slow and easy. Clean it thoroughly and keep trimming if nec. until the piston will go past the ports without any binding.

Good luck dude!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:49 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: tee dee .049 questions

Rog,

Are you possibly using the wrong tool? Before Cox cut the top fin for a removal point, the slot in the Cox tool fit the cylinder exhaust slits. Perhaps you need to find, buy, or make a correct tool for the exhaust slits. It should be a snug fit...then be VERY careful.
If it were a steel cylinder I would remove the burr with a small file followed by crocus cloth (both used very carefully). With the chrome you may have to resort to a dremel.
Good luck.

George