Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Goldberg Ranger 30

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 06:41 AM
WINANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Ranger 30

I built this model as my first R/C attempt, in ~1976 - Babe Bee and a Mattell pulse unit. It too heavy and me too inexperienced to make it all work. This is one model that gets little or no mention in the places I monitor. Does anyone have a plan set that they are willing to part with or to make a copy of. I would be most appreciative, it is time to build another.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 07-11-2004, 11:53 AM
DICKEYBIRD

Default RE: Goldberg Ranger 30

Hi Scott, I had a Ranger 30 too! Mine was FF with a Pee Wee. Sadly, no plans here either. I bet one shows up soon.:0
Old 07-11-2004, 01:49 PM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i found the ranger 21- but not the 30.. Maybe Paul has the bigger one too.. the r42 would be cool to see too.

[link=http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/jigtime.htm]look at last model at the bottom.[/link]
Old 07-11-2004, 02:26 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

The Ranger 30. A personal favorite. What a pretty little plane she was.

Now, I JUST so happen to have a copy of the original instructions, AND a copy of all the parts drawings that were created bby a nice gentleman named John Cole some years back. With the proper amount of coercion/begging/greasing of the 'ol ego[X(], I can be persuaded to scan them into the computer, and place them out on my site for all to admire, enjoy and use....

phil in austin
Old 07-11-2004, 02:38 PM
norvelnut

Phil in Austin

Pretty Please ! Do get those plans on your Ranger 30 uploaded.

Thanks

Norvelnut, in Panama City,Fl, about to move to Clarksville, Tn
Old 07-11-2004, 07:41 PM
phuffstatler

Try this.

http://austinaerobats.com/Plans/plans.html

phil in austin
Old 07-11-2004, 07:47 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Very cool Phil, thanks!!
Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
phuffstatler

ORIGINAL: mclintock

well, i found the ranger 21- but not the 30.. Maybe Paul has the bigger one too.. the r42 would be cool to see too.

[link=http://www.parmodels.com/Plans/jigtime.htm]look at last model at the bottom.[/link]
The Ranger 42 was an injected-foam model. I wonder if the original tooling still exists somewhere? That was a good flying plane.

phil in austin
Old 07-14-2004, 12:05 PM
WINANS

Phil,

Thank you so much! I will have to get to work transferring the part drawings into ACAD so I can get a laser cut set of parts. I will make that available when I can actually get it done.

As I mentioned, the Ranger 30 was my first R/C attempt (crying in the park when I couldn't make it fly), the Ranger 42 was my first successful R/C ship. That and an O.S. .10-S, using a Hobby Shack 4-ch system. I built a few of them, 3-ch, over the years. Great small trainers. I have 2 in the box now, and 2 spare wings that I picked up from someone on Ebay a year or two ago. I am going to build one of the Rangers to provide to my 4-H leader that so generously coached me through the process, what a great friend.

Thanks again for posting the plans and part drawings.

Scott
Old 07-14-2004, 09:02 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for making these plans available. I have fond memories of chasing this plane across th edirt fiel at the local Jr high. I think it took me 4 or 5 of these to get one to actually fly. Most crashed on take off. I had more fun with this plane and a $6.00 Cox baby 0.49, or was it a golden bee?? Any way it was a low cost fun in the sun plane.

I will be putting it together real soon.

Thanks again.

Dru.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:46 PM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

I just maidened my latest Ranger 42 last week. Full size RX, Bat, ele & rudder servos, with an HS81 on throttle. Norvel .049 and a Cox black 5X3. Flew like a bird. I had one for my first R/C plane 30 years ago, and it's as much fun as ever.