Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Sig Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 02:04 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Hummer

I am getting a sig hummer going. I am going to use mini servos and a AAA size rx pack. Power will be a Norvel 049 RC.

Can anyone tell me the CG for this plane? ALso, what should I use for control throws on elev and ailerons? I would imagine 1/8" would be enough. I will not be using dual rates.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:13 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Sig Hummer

on the spar. 1/8" is ok to start, but you will want more as you get used to it. I had one with 4-channel, just hinged the rudder. but it knife edged funny; the angled rudder hinge line I used caused it to roll couple the wrong way; I had to hold rudder and aileron in the same direction in knife edge! would recommend changing rudder shape, if you need it to knife edge. a great flier. only other funny thing it did was sometimes it wouldn't recover from a flat spin, and spin in. didn't ever hurt it much when it did. again, more rudder area would have probably fix that.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Lynn S

I have a Hummer but have not flown it yet. I don't have the plans but I think you can balance it on the spar. 1/8 up and down on the ailerons should be ok to start you may need a little more than that. I don't think 1/8 up and down on the elevator will be enough, I would try just under 1/4.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:44 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a kit and can check it for you if needed but I am thinking the same as the rest of the guys on the spar. I generaly set throws a bit more around 1/4 each way. I have had 3 of these. 2 with .049s and 2 channels and 1 I "T" tailed, 4 channel with a OS .10! Boy would it go!. Let me know if I can help.

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 07-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The guys were dead on.

I checked my plans -- CG is the center of the spar for the kit. Throws are 3/16" up and 3/16" down for elev. and aileron.

the "other" andrew