Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Building Ryan ST Electric- Which Dreamstarter Combo or other Parts?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Building Ryan ST Electric- Which Dreamstarter Combo or other Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:29 AM
Talley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building Ryan ST Electric- Which Dreamstarter Combo or other Parts?

I've had fun with the Firebird Outlaw, but it's time to step up to real control surfaces. I can buy the Parkzone J-3 Cub for $160 bucks and get everything in one box -- but I like to build and have built many balsa / tissue kits for rubber power.

I have a Herr Engineering Ryan ST balsa kit with a 30 inch wingspan, but know nothing about what's the best electric engine/battery/radio combo for this project. I like the idea of the GWS Dreamstarter packages because you get all the components in one box except engine. Trouble is, they make a number of them with different combinations and the LHS guys aren't really up on what's right for what.

Any suggestions on which prop, gearbox, motor, battery, how big an ESC, how big a servo, etc? I'm just going to do elevator and rudder control, and want a medium/slow park flyer for further training at this point. I suppose there is a Dreamstarter kit with about the right combo of parts, but maybe that radio is no good based on other people's experiences....

Any suggestions?

Mike T.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Lynn S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building Ryan ST Electric- Which Dreamstarter Combo or other Parts?

Mike, I think you would probably get more response in the Electric aircraft forums. Most of the guys in here fly with glow power.