Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

cool cox stuff from 10 years ago

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

cool cox stuff from 10 years ago

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 07:02 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cool cox stuff from 10 years ago

I bought a cox spyder from a fellow 1/2A'er on this forum,it has a small fold out catalog in it
"new for 1996" the cox VENOM! The plane is blow molded fuse (you could use it for a club!) with foam wings,lots of similar planes the EZ Bee the Commander,/Thermal Hawk...it also shows the .05 RC TEE DEE that I got one of a decade ago,and has the shrike tether air car in it and an airboat too,,huh nostalgia from only 10 years ago....cool little pamphlet..Rog
Old 07-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cool cox stuff from 10 years ago

Rog,

I know what you mean. I scored 4 huge cases of old RCM mags from Bailey Harris last weekend. It looks like almost ever issue from 71'-97'. Looking though them there is tons and I mean TONS of neat 1/2a stuff. Tons of Ken Willard and Fred Reese plans. I am going to be very very busy this coming winter building all of these things!

Later,Tim
Old 07-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Tons of Ken Willard and Fred Reese plans. I am going to be very very busy this coming winter building all of these things!

Later,Tim
Tim --

You've mentioned two really fine designers (and favorites of mine) of small models -- I've always admired their work and planes -- I have a handful of Fred Reese plans ready.

Most of you are probably already aware of the AMA biography list (I didn't find it until last week), but if not, it gives some interesting reading about many people who have contributed greatly to the hobby. Fred Reese's was the first bio I read.

The list is [link=http://www.modelaircraft.org/museum/biolist.asp]here.[/link]

the "other" Andrew
Old 07-31-2004, 06:22 PM
ebeneezer3

Andrew

Fred Reese is one of my favorite designers too. Probably my favorite design is not a 1/2 A but a
.15 powered Sopwith triplane using Ace constant cord wings. It appeared in RCM and was pretty in the air.

Tim

One dumb thing I did when I got out of this hobby before was give away my magazines. They were in the time frame you mentioned and there is a lot of planes in there. Happy building.

Rog

Now if we could figure a way to answer those adds, all those new Cox engines and parts!

Ted
Old 07-31-2004, 07:12 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

ORIGINAL:

Now if we could figure a way to answer those adds, all those new Cox engines and parts!

Ted
Ted,
It makes me cry...one add has Cox T.D.'s on sale for $8.95 you pick the size....010, .020, .049, .051!!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 07-31-2004, 07:36 PM
flyinrog

Tim, yeah if we'd only known huh,,,you mean you got a bunch of free pull out plans in those mags?..Rog
Old 07-31-2004, 07:53 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Rog,

It's all sort of good plans. Only a couple are full size but I can blow the rest up to the size I need at work!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 08-01-2004, 07:42 AM
flyinrog

I didnt want to start a new thread, but in the searching that I've done,,Cox/Estes still makes the engines but they no longer make any glow powered planes to fly them on, only electric...is this correct?....Rog
Old 08-01-2004, 08:02 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the link to today's cox catalog.. all junk except for page three, but I would like to try the cute plane on the cover.

[link=http://www.estesrockets.com/images/cox%20catalog2004.pdf]2004 cox product catalog[/link]
Old 08-01-2004, 09:13 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

They still make some C/L gas stuff.

Later,
Tim
Old 08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Lynn S

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

ORIGINAL:

Ted
Ted,
It makes me cry...one add has Cox T.D.'s on sale for $8.95 you pick the size....010, .020, .049, .051!!!!

Later,
Tim

Tim, If that was the early 70s...I was making $65-$85 per week back then, but was able to make payments on a '73 Dodge Charger