Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Big Mig 061 in pusher mode

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Big Mig 061 in pusher mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 11:56 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Mig 061 in pusher mode

I'm thinking of building a little 1/2A autogyro and want to use my Norvel 061 in pusher configuration. Fortunately one of the few props I kept from my earlier modeling days was a 6x3 pusher prop so I'm set there -- but I was wondering whether the little Norvel might get snotty about cooling in this configuration.

Unlike a fixed-wing, the autogyro probably won't have much forward speed and without the propwash to blow on the engine I'm thinking it might overheat. The engine's had a couple of hours on it already and is nicely run-in but I'm still concerned.

Has anyone else used the Norvel in a pusher model and if so, did you have any overheating problems?

By the way, I stocked up on a few 9 and 10 gram micro-servos from different suppliers recently at prices from $8.50 and upwards. If anyone wants me to publish a review of these units then just say. They'er all 1.2Kg/cm torque (21 oz/in) torque. One type is branded Waypoint and the other I got from Raidentech.com.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:47 AM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big Mig 061 in pusher mode

I can`t comment about the motor situation, by one of these days I`d like to make an autogyro too. Recently (James Bond) 'You only live twice' was shown on T.V here with 'little nelly'. It reminded me how much I`d like to make one- a scalish reproduction of little nelly would be great!
J.M
Old 08-03-2004, 08:51 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

If you have heat problems a larger head is used on the light machines heli's. It would be easy to cut it down for your purpose.

JM, you can do that after the mig!!!
Old 09-17-2004, 01:58 AM
rcairplanenut

you could try the heli verson of the .061 norvel it is designed for limited air circulation over the engine.

SGG
Old 09-17-2004, 02:07 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I used an AME 061 in pusher config. for last years' contest entry. It was a brand new engine and gave maybe 2 hours of flying time before wearing out. The crank is loaded reverse of what it was designed for as a pusher. I don't think I ever overheated it, just start it, set it and throw it.