Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

A Bit Of Cox Nostalgia On The Tee Dee .010

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

A Bit Of Cox Nostalgia On The Tee Dee .010

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: A Bit Of Cox Nostalgia On The Tee Dee .010

If you don't like a post, report it to a moderator and let them deal with it. You've basically ruined any discussion of .010 powered planes. I'm just glad that your only interested in "1/8A" and don't post in any of the other threads.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:39 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Bipe, micro you have basically ruined yourself with the initial post about your little miracle engine........no excuses you basically teased people with no information ..doesnt matter who you promised what to and had to wait for...you came off like ,well, not intelligent to say the least...Seems as though Tim W. has upset you with his post which...HELLO,, is mocking ...YOU.......Rog will continue this post as he see's fit.......Rog
Old 11-06-2004, 10:45 PM
rrragmanliam

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

As for the 61' TD .010 report TIM WILTSE-RCU will be posting that information shorty. TIM WILTSE-RCU has an archive of information at the TIM WILTSE-RCU home office. TIM WILTSE-RCU is waiting to hear from JIMBOB SMITH-RCU to make their report on which issue of the 61' Aeromodeller this information is in instead of posting it himself. TIM WILTSE-RCU posted this information a long time ago on the RCU FORUMS when TIM WILTSE-RCU found it on a Cox collectors website from Germany. TIM WILTSE-RCU does not see the point in which issue it was in anyways as a report is a report is a report. Newer information was posted here on the RCU FORUMS that in the DECEMBER issue of FLYING MODELS that the Cox .010 will run 35,000rpm so who cares what issue of Aeromodeller JIMBOB SMITH-RCU finds the old info in as it's not like someone would use that information on the RCU FORUMS to hype a product or something anyways.
Ba ha hah hah ha ha!!! Right on Tim, now that's funny. Heck I've read so many of roger's third person ramblings that the form of communication is starting to work it's way into my lexicon too. Roger MF ( what's the MF stand for?) has burned his bridges with this group of savy modelers.

My opinion only: I will not do business with Micro flight, and would not encourage anyone else to do business with Micro Flight.

If you want to throttle a .010 COX go with Steve Adams throttle sleeve.

Darren
Old 11-07-2004, 03:07 AM
MICRO-FLITE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bipe Flyer

If you don't like a post, report it to a moderator and let them deal with it. You've basically ruined any discussion of .010 powered planes. I'm just glad that your only interested in "1/8A" and don't post in any of the other threads.
hummmmmmm...post in the other threads? Terrific idea! ![sm=thumbup.gif] Thanks Bipe Flyer!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:17 AM
MICRO-FLITE

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

I'm with Bipe, micro you have basically ruined yourself with the initial post about your little miracle engine........no excuses you basically teased people with no information ..doesnt matter who you promised what to and had to wait for...you came off like ,well, not intelligent to say the least...Seems as though Tim W. has upset you with his post which...HELLO,, is mocking ...YOU.......Rog will continue this post as he see's fit.......Rog

It is truly a "little miracle engine" as you have so accurately stated and; therefore, nothing ever will be able to stop its success -- not even you Rog. But if you are foolish enough to keep trying, it is your life you are wasting.

So you have clearly demonstrated contempt for the rules of the RCUniverse.com! I wonder if your continued RCU membership will be shorter than the lifespan of a housefly.[sm=drowning.gif]

Roger
Old 11-07-2004, 04:17 AM
flyinrog

I'll stick by my post thank you Roger,,I'm also not worried about my RCU membership,,would you care to set up a popularity contest? take a poll?,,jump on it chief!! I'm game...Many is the time I have asked a moderator to stop a post, havent seen anybody come to your defense yet.(wait I will clarify that, I think perhaps 2 people may have)

I'm glad you have your little miracle engine,,and wish you succes in your venture, again, either because of your ego or thought process you have basically ruined yourself here on this forum...I wont bother wasting any more of my life on this thread..but I believe you have now threatened me with your thread and now have clearly demonstrated contempt for the rules here on RCU every bit as much as you have accused me of...I have an .010 I bought it from AJC years ago and it runs for 90 seconds or so, I really dont care about throttling it and cant imagine making a business around that..but good luck with it...FlyinRog
Old 11-07-2004, 05:45 AM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I though you guys just had an election over there. Anyway "Vote 1 Flyinrog"
Old 11-07-2004, 07:46 AM
rrragmanliam

would you care to set up a popularity contest? take a poll?
I cast my ballot for........... ROG!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

I'm glad you have your little miracle engine

Rog,

TIM WILTSE-RCU wants you to know that he has an engine accessory, COX makes/has the engine! TIM WILTSE-RCU thinks that a real miracle engine would be one that TIM WILTSE-RCU and the other members of the RCU FORUMS could take to the field and would run on water for 30 minutes per oz. and starts on the first flip. TIM WILTSE-RCU really hope new people to this hobby understand that he is NOT making the whole engine like MF leds one to think. Oh mark TIM WILTSE-RCU down for 1 vote for Rog!
Old 11-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rog --

I've always known that you NC boys were a bunch of tough un's, but to be charged with Tortuous Conduct, well, whooo boys, that's steppin' over the line.

And now, you're being associated with houseflys. Horse flys, green bottle flys, bot flys, tse-tse flys -- something with some nasty characteristics would be acceptable, but the common housefly -- what an insult. Then again, you are FlyinRog.

Oh yeah, Rog: 1

the "other" andrew
Old 11-07-2004, 01:14 PM
jessiej

[So you have clearly demonstrated contempt for the rules of the RCUniverse.com!]

After a review of the thread I see no contempt of the rules. There does however seem to be substantial and universal contempt for the continued postings of one individual.

jess
Old 11-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

As one of "the tough NC guys" - I vote that we close this thread. Let it go folks. There aren't any surprises left.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:26 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well, seeing how I started this thread just to pass a little history along on the little engines it has kinda taken on a different tone. I agree with Raymond let's put this one to rest. On Gracious Forum Master, can you turn off the switch on this thread?

Thanks,

Bob Harris
Early RC Models
www.earlyrcmodels.com
Old 11-07-2004, 10:20 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

First... An apology to those I respect. It seems I was at least partially responsible for changing the tone of this thread. For that I apologize. BobHH, please don't stop posting very cool bits of info.
Patrick Ulmer
Old 11-07-2004, 11:48 PM
flyinrog

No Patrick, I am to blame and I will stop this thread... BobHH has lots of good info for the 1/2a forum and is also a good friend and great flyer as is his father Bailey.. the people who gave me a vote ,,thanks,,but I shouldnt have pushed a forum thread like this..Bruce M or William R.. you may close this thread at your will.. my apologies to the board...Roger W. Bond
Old 11-07-2004, 11:56 PM
MICRO-FLITE

Thank you BobHH for providing the RCU members with "A Bit of Cox Nostalgia on the Tee Dee .010" . I am sorry your thread turned into such a battle ground.

Thank you ptulmer for finally being honest enough to acknowledge the common sense notion that there really are fighting words that lead to this kind of strife.

Thank you Jim Thomerson for providing information on Ron Warring's review of the COX TEE DEE .010 ENGINE from the October, 1961, issue of Aeromodeller. This information is more evidence that proves that the newer COX TEE DEE .010 ENGINES with the black tanks have the SAME rpm performance of the very first red tank .010's.

Also, Warring's and Chinn's reports on the COX TEE DEE .010 ENGINES prove that Randy Randolph's claims in FLYING MODELS, about the MICRO-FLITE/COX TEE DEE .010 "R/C" ENGINE'S top-end rpm performance, are not false as Tim Wiltse-RCU has so-called "guessed". As Peter Chinn stated in his review of the COX TEE DEE .010 ENGINE, he ran the engine at "...a crisp 32,400 rpm! The .010 ran out a full tank at this speed and showed every sign of being able to go quite a bit faster. Even the head filament stood up to this treatment...." Chinn's report clearly describes the conditions under which such high top-end rpm can be reached with the MICRO-FLITE/COX TEE DEE .010 "R/C" ENGINE.

As we end this tumultuous thread, farewell to the popular myth in our 1/2A R/C community that red tank .010's outperform black tank .010's!!

Roger
Old 11-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

And yet another self promoting MF post. Oh by the way I never claimed Randy's test to be false. The post I made that in clearly went over MF's head. I have never never seen someone whine so bad in my life over something they caused. I have not yet blocked any members posts here but I am just so sick of the MF crap they will be the first ones I block. If MF would come here and talk about something else besides MF and .010 engines maybe just maybe I would feel different....65 posts and every single one of them about MF. Not a single post about "hey 123-RCU nice looking plane" type of thing. On second thought they say you never get a second first impression and I think many many of us have ours that will not be changed and that will no doubt "confound Micro-Flite for years to come"....gees where have we heard that before! He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Good day!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:05 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Hey guys, don't be afraid to use "block"! I blocked the MF posts, and don't regret it. I know that means those new to the forum wouldn't get the benefit of seeing responses to him, but your stress level will be reduced. I don't understand why he doesn't buy some advertising here and stop using the forum as free advertising. I'm surprised at the patience the mods have displayed with this guy and he still tries to sell himself.

Rog, I want a little of the credit! But you did get more votes...

Tim, in an earlier post you were talking about the rest of us that have an r/c related business. I think I know everyone that you mentioned well enough to say that they're not trying to be successful "by any means". Most of the guys do it for fun rather than money. I even offered you an airplane once, while MF wouldn't even let AJ buy an engine. He sounds like a frightened salesman to me. Maybe he spent alot of time and money in development (and advertising everywhere but here) and is trying to get it back before something bad happens. In today's litigious society a small business is vulnerable.

Confound Micro-Flite ---- BLOCK HIS POSTS
Old 11-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Patrick,

Right on! Sure I would love to get rich with my business. Maybe down the road...I don't know. But you are right 90% of what I do I do because I enjoy doing the anodizing, working with the little engines and most of all dealing with the customers, many of which I have gained through this forum. There are alot of products on the market with patents. Only 3% of all patented products ever make enough to pay for the cost of the patent fees!!!! This guy told someone here that he would go after anyone that even tried to make a throttle using his ideas. Give me a break! If someone really wanted to they could make the same thing at home with just a little design change and not cross the patent line one little bit. Maybe something along the lines of a one piece sleeve open at one end with a set of springs pulling it together. Because once you put all the patent BS aside it comes down to having a good fitting sleeve to make a good throttle on the Cox engine. Like I have said before I am sure the throttle runs well...never have I heard anyone say it wouldn't. Do I give a rats pajamas about a patent all I care is that it works the way it's is designed to. I thought this forum was for those of us that have the same common interests to get together and share ideas. All MF wants to talk about is his patent for an engine throttle. If MF really cared about the hobby he wolud cut out all the nonsence and really offer something for the good of this forum other than talking about his patented accessory. I am off to block anymore of MF's posts because it's just not worth getting all worked up over...it's a throttle sleeve for goodness sakes!
Old 11-08-2004, 05:41 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, the block post feature sure works well doesn't it fellows?

AJC

PS there is a song I used to remember that went something like... "dont go away mad, just go away... '"
Old 11-09-2004, 03:21 AM
MICRO-FLITE

The input that I am getting from intelligent, well informed and respected modelers and their friends is that the postings of the "wolf pack" on the RCU FORUM is making the members of the "pack" the laughingstock of the FORUM.

According to the input that I am receiving, my very first post, No. 35, on the micro-flite thread clearly indicated I was not going to report on the idle and top-end rpm performance of the MICRO-FLITE/COX TD .010 "R/C" ENGINE, until after Randy Randolph made his report in the November, 2004 issue of FLYING MODELS. Randy was promised the scoop on the .010 "R/C" ENGINE. After members of the "wolf pack" asked me to become a member of the RCU FORUM, the "wolf pack" never even bothered to seriously read my first Post No. 35, that would have informed them of Randy's scoop.

According to input from respected individuals, the "wolf pack" is a group of bullies that hang out on the RCU FORUM. Member's of the "pack" began bullying me for the idle and top-end rpm performance of the .010 "R/C" ENGINE, before Randy's report came out. When I finally had enough of their bullying and told them to go back and read my Post No. 35, which proved that they were telling lies on the RCU FORUM, they realized they had made fools out of themselves on the FORUM, by not taking just a few minutes to read my first post, No. 35. The "wolf pack" then desperately tried to cover up their tracks, so that they would not look like complete fools, by trying to get others to accept their ludicrous arguments. In an attempt to win an argument, they have resorted to outrageous and laughable lying. I have been told by respected modelers that they have rarely ever seen such obsessive/compulsive behavior to try to convince visitors to the FORUM that the "wolf pack" has not made complete fools out of themselves.

I also have been told that I am not dealing with mature male adults, but with individuals who have arrested development, causing them to be childishly immature. The example was given that they are like immature young children, when they take a vote to see who is the most popular. Being popular and belonging to their peer group is far more important to them then the truth and standing up for basic principles and values. I was told this shows a real lack of character on the part of the members of the "pack".

Therefore, according to the input I have received, from respected individuals, the "wolf pack" is a pathetic group of bullies that hang out on the RCU FORUM. Because of their extreme lack of respect for others, sophisticated and talented modelers, like Andy Woitowicz, have said that they will no longer make any more posts on the RCU FORUM. That is certainly a loss to this FORUM!

So now we have just read that the "wolves" are going off into hiding. No surprise, since I am a "Wolf's" worst nightmare! I am a hunter that decimates "wolf packs" and their lies. My bullets are words!!

Roger
Old 11-09-2004, 09:48 AM
flyinrog

Nobody's hiding..Me, White Fang, Balto we're all here, I guess I have just a bit of life left to waste here after all....I offered myself up to the moderators, I think maybe they get a kick out of threads like this every so often..So I take the high road and a vow of silence and THEN you attack...tsk tsk ....that last paragraph of yours ,,does sound ominous...a bit miffed at constant harassment from the bullies and wolves are we...kinda think somebody is making some things up,,are there legions of these lurkers who wont post because of us wolves?
It seems to me you're the one that wishes to continue this thread, as far as I am aware everyone that has posted is a "well informed and respected and I may add very talented modeler" as to their friends , I cant say for sure, but I'm sure they choose their friends well,as do I.. "laughingstock of the FORUM"...come come now Roger, me think thou dost protest too much...but a nice try at making yourself feel better.....Rog
Bugs Bunny to Elmer Fudd "what? no more buwwets?"
Oh and bye the bye, your still talking in circles, the very reason you draw criticism from the forum.
Moderators, I offer myself up yet again ,, you are certainly at your will to stop this..
Old 11-09-2004, 10:27 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Patent-shmatent, anybody could make the two piece sleeve and sell it all the livelong day, so long as they just don't ever say anything in the marketing or instructions about any thermal properties. Probably would be a good idea to make it look a little different just so laymen lawyers would see that it's different. I hear Grand Wing Servo is opening a joint venture in mainland China, and is now going to offer 'nitro' planes.

The ceo of GWS posts as GWS4CEO on rcgroups' GWS forum- he may be interested in having the chinese clone a sheet-metal throttle for park flyers..

Cox used to make (allotta cool stuff) 'exaust collectors' or something for .049 engines- then later the 'quite zone' mufflers with the steel sliding priming window (i guess that's what it was).. all with a single exaust port so the oil went in only one direction when it dripped. Was there ever something like that for the .010? Looks like it would be easy to make.. would solder stay together if I tried to make an exaust manifold (not throttle!) one out of tin?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:28 PM
jessiej

Wordy, ain't he?

jess
Old 11-09-2004, 05:37 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

All:

I just tanked about 20% of this thread.

The history BobHH posted, and the discussiion of it, is interesting. Fighting about a rehash of an exhaust restrictor is not interesting. We've had enough of it.

I have not closed the thread, if we can still talk abouot history I'll leave it alone, but if I see any more about patents, thermal technology, or similar bull, the thread is gone.

Bill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.