Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

MECOA...Anyone there?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

MECOA...Anyone there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:13 AM
vauxhall

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default MECOA...Anyone there?

I've emailed 'em a couple of times regarding buying an RJL diesel conversion for a Cox 049, and a glow plug adaptor for same, but they've never replied. Anyone else had problems? Does MECOA really exist or is it just cyber vapour? If anyone else makes the afore mentioned items, please PM me!!!!!!!!!!! I think thats steam coming out of my ears.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:01 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MECOA...Anyone there?

I've emailed them and I've ordered things. Got responses both times. If you have spam blocking software, see if it's getting in the way. I've recently "lost" several replies in the spam bucket. It's gotten so bad that I'm looking through it regularly to see if something's been misrouted.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:50 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Depends on how recently you mailed them. They were at the WRAM show in White Plains NY. I got a new veco 19 from them. They drive from Calif to there and back so it takes time to haul all that stuff with them. And then there might have been another show right after that one. Certainly they will be at Toledo. It's not a big operation so you'll have to keep trying but they will get back to you.
Dennis
Old 03-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

vauxhall,

If you are looking for a diesel conversion head the RJL head is the way to go. Now if you are looking to get away from the Cox glow head and are wanting to use glow plugs then the only way to go there is the Galbreath head and Nelson plugs from Larry Driskill at www.kittingittogether.com any other glow plug conversion will loose power in a Cox engine with the Galbreath/Nelson set up you will gain power.

Later,
Tim
Old 03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Vauxhall,
Go with Tim Wiltse's advice. It's dead on the mark. Dunno about e-mailing RJL but I've had no problem with ordering by mail in the past. As someone mentioned the Winter show circuit may well be effecting their response time, but the difference between the RJL diesel adapter head for the Cox and the Davis version are well worth any small hassle in getting it. If you are a dedicated masochist who delights in frustratingly fiddly folderol you might well enjoy the Davis version however. Just my $.02, Tom
Old 03-06-2005, 03:08 AM
vauxhall

Thanks to you guys that replied. I guess I'm nearly 60, and lost some patience.
Being on a transcontinental trek takes a long time! I've done a couple of east to west trips here in Oz. My apologies to MECOA folk, I'll wait for a reply when you get back to "sunny" California. I thought the Eagles said "It never rains in southern California". As for the glow plug adaptor, I'll email Dave Fritzke. I appreciate all the RCU feedback. Can't wait to get a Cox 049 diesel going.
Thanks.........John
Old 03-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Andrew

ORIGINAL: vauxhall

As for the glow plug adaptor, I'll email Dave Fritzke.
Vauxhall -

I don't believe Dave Fritzke carries the glow adapter -- many of us here order from Larry Driskill at [link=http://www.kittingittogether.com/]Kitting It Together[/link].

Attached are images of the Galbreath head and a Nelson plug. They make an excellent combination for NORVEL's and COX's.

Attached Images