Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

The Pee Wee Chronicles

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

The Pee Wee Chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:07 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Pee Wee Chronicles

Maybe the guy didn't want to pay what a stock Tee Dee .020 backplate tank costs these days![X(]

Or, maybe he was trying make a dual carb .020 similar to this .049:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96738.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	275673  
Old 05-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Derek,
When I was looking at my peewee last, and my two only glow heads i thought about converting them to (when they blow) to a "turbo" plug as used by most high end car engines. These are very similar to a nelson plug but much smaller- when I looked at mine last I thought a stock peewee head could be converted without any modification- I have made a seat cutter and have the tap- If you have a blown head and want me to convert it I`d be happy to do it for you.

Stefan
Old 05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Ragwing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stefan,

A guy just can't pass up on an offer like that! Thank you sir, you are very generous! I will go dig around and see if I can find a blown plug. Thanks again, I'll be in touch.

Derek
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Japanman

Don`t mention it.
Something worth a mention is that if I convert it directly without modifiying the combustion chamber shape, I think it will turn out higher compression than stock. If you want to send me two blown heads I`ll modifiy one so it is close to std compression, and the other can be high compression.

Stefan
Old 05-24-2005, 06:32 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DICKEYBIRD

Maybe the guy didn't want to pay what a stock Tee Dee .020 backplate tank costs these days![X(]
You got that one right. I've beed shopping for a while now for a couple of "twentys" and you can forget about a deal. A NIB TD will cost you between 80 and 100 bucks and a new Pee Wee is in the 40-60 dollar range. Used engines arn't much better deals considering the "condition" risk.

Darren
Old 05-24-2005, 10:28 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Milton:

I've had one of the twin carb Coxes for years, and posted a picture of it here some time ago. As I said at the time, it didn't add any power, and it was a lot harder to adjust.

Bill.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55684.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	276192  
Old 05-28-2005, 04:04 PM
boberos

Thanks DB for starting this thread. It should be a sticky, or at least a classic.

I was flying my Shoestring (Scientific) last weekend but the Pee Wee seemed saggy. It ran but would not hold an RPM setting. I was using Omega 40%. A friend offered me some Sig 1/2A fuel which is 35%, which I tried.

Some of you guys will say "I told you so" but:
I added 1 oz. of castor oil to the 16 oz container. Now I have about 22% oil & a lot of it is now castor.
Result - Engine runs great. Obviously the total oil content is important as is the castor oil as well.

Hope this helps anyone experiencing the same problem.

Bob G