Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

kamdax web site???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Hiflyer001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kamdax web site???

When I try www.kamdax.com I get a blank screen. Are these guys still in business????? Thanks for any info.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:20 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: kamdax web site???

When you come into the 1/2a forum, click on the big blue "stuff we like" ad. They are the importer.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Hiflyer001

Thanks for the info. Some of these threads mention the Kamdax website. I just wanted to take a look at it to see if they offered other products.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:31 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

"Stuff we like" carries alot of stuff I haven't seen anywhere else. Like the tank extenders for longer flight time.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Hiflyer001

I have already checked out Stuff we Like. I will probably use the site for parts. I would still like to know if this was ever a valid website and is it no longer available. I guess the company is in China.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:08 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

When I click on the link in your post it works.

The default page on the Kamdax site is using a Javascript redirect, so it appears that either you have Javascript disabled, or your browser doesn't support it.

Try http://www.kamdax.com/main.html
Old 08-20-2005, 10:33 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kamdax site works. Also has some videos and products that are not on the SWL site. Keep in mind that SWL is the US importer, though, you should support them, lest we have to go back to paying shipping from Hong Kong and such.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Hiflyer001

I will support SWL but I would like to know why I can't see Kamdax.com. I looked in Internet Options and saw very little about Java script. I have IE as a browzer. When I try to get to Kamdax.com it brings up a new window but it is completely blank.....Hmmmm Thanks for the response...just must be a fluke.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Hiflyer001

Just for the record I flew my Mig 15 glow today for the second time. I had to remove the weak landing gear and servo and hand launched it. It was a shaky launch but the plane flew better than I expected. Being at 5600 feet elevation it preformed better then expected. I used 40% nitro 17% oil Morgan Omega fuel. Also, I put 2 oz of turbine oil in all my fuels for better heat reduction. Its an amazing little plane. Wish the nose gear was a bit stronger.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:42 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's more FUN without the gear.
I'm using netscape, but I think I could see the site on Explorer when I was using THAT last year.
At least you know it's at your end, wish I knew exactly what the problem was. But try updating your IE and see what happens.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Bipe Flyer

Can you see this picture? If not, then you may have a DNS problem.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Hiflyer001

Yep I can see the picture.. Funny this is the only time this has happened that I'm aware of. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Bipe Flyer

What colour is the blank page? Does this link work for you? http://www.kamdax.com/catalogue.html
Old 08-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Hiflyer001

The link brings up the same blank white screen. Nuttin on it.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Hiflyer001

Finally got into the Kamdax website. I was at my local hobby shop and they were able to get into the site. I went home. logged on to IE and just thought that my popup stopper may have something to do with this so I added this sited to the 'allow' catagory. After entering Kamdax.com the same blank screen came up so for the hell of it I clicked the 'go' button again on the toolbar and the screen flashed yellow so I did it again and the site came up. Every link from the site I needed to hit the 'go' button an extra time. Go figure. Just ented this info just in case it would be useful.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:37 PM
subarubrat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am woried about Kamdax's direction. Tower had a great price on their MIG and dropped it recently, and never did carry the M2K. Their website hinted at a twin engine airliner and some other product but they didn't materialize. Damn shame too, I have a Mig and love it. Foam airplanes just don't last in regular rotation so I know it has a lifespan and I try to fly it wheels on only and not belly land it.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Hiflyer001

Stuffwelike.com is the only place in the states that carries the Kamdax stuff that I can find and they claim there is not enough call for Kamdax to keep the prices down. The Mig 15 is now priced at about $225 . I just ordered a .061 rotor for $30 . Kinda steep. Oh well!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:39 AM
realdeal
My Feedback: (45)

I am woried about Kamdax's direction. Tower had a great price on their MIG and dropped it recently, and never did carry the M2K. Their website hinted at a twin engine airliner and some other product but they didn't materialize. Damn shame too, I have a Mig and love it. Foam airplanes just don't last in regular rotation so I know it has a lifespan and I try to fly it wheels on only and not belly land it.
Tower (Great Planes) actually dropped the Kamdax line over a year ago. It just took them this long to sell out even at the rock bottom pricing they adopted. The M2K came out at the time that they decided not to carry Kamdax any longer which is why they never had the product. The market for these planes is small and specialized. It is not a good fit for a large organization like GP that is looking to sell a ton of product. They tried selling it for $349 at first and that didn't work. At the $130 price they closed out at it was an absolute STEAL. I ordered a few from them myself as it was cheaper than importing them. I finally adopted a middle ground price of $225 on the Mig since that allows me to justify having a few of them sit on the shelves but is still a great deal considering what you get with the new kits (Engine, fan, ARF airframe, landing gear, starter, throttle servo).

I can't comment on the airliner because I don't know the whole story as to why it has not been released. I do have some suspicions that it has nothing to do with the product.

Since you have a kit you already know that the kits are well engineered and fun to fly. Kamdax has been an absolute pleasure to work with and I am committed to them for the long haul. I should have most of the new products in time for Christmas.

If you have any questions about Kamdax feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Keith Hollifield
Stuff We Like Inc.