Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

BB Rear induction by the Greats, Tiled Rivets

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

BB Rear induction by the Greats, Tiled Rivets

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 07:32 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BB Rear induction by the Greats, Tiled Rivets

Thought you guys might like this picture from an old issue of MAN:
Also, I posted a tiled plan of the Kampen "Rivets" Gene Rock has finished, worth a look just to see the nice isometric drawing he did!
Dave
Also, finally posted a few "new" plans, mostly small planes, but a mixed bag o' stuff!

www.pclink.com/~dfritzke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80706.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	318598  
Old 09-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Default RE: BB Rear induction by the Greats, Tiled Rivets

Dave,

As always thanks for the plans page!!!! Also I love that engine picture you posted.... I really need to get my head out of my butt and get back to work on my engines.

Later,
Tim
Old 09-01-2005, 08:45 PM
muddy69
My Feedback: (2)

Cool, I was wondering when some new stuff was coming.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow, the Pheobus.... geez that takes me back....... I must have stared at that plan when it came out in the magazine for hours but never made one just due to the amount of precious, to a teenager with no job, balsa wood and the fact that it obviously wouldn't glide worth a darn.

In 1966 I was all of 13 and had just started making models that flew... sort of.... Each month on the day that the new Model Airplane News issue came home from the drug store was a great day of celebration. By the end of the second day I knew pretty much every word verbatim of every article. Such was the quest for knowledge of this new hobby that my mind was like an eager vacuum cleaner. Despite the beauty of the Phoebus I continuously turned past it in favour of more airworthy projects.

But these days I'm just sentimental enough to make something like this and hang it from the ceiling over my bench...... I guess it took this long for Walt Mooney's untimate message to hit home. Models should be fun.

Thanks Dave.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:53 AM
burtcs

Dave: Thanks for the fresh PDF's. I'm with Bruce on this stuff but in my case it was the WeeBee. I could'd get an .010 and I didn't have anybody to flywith but my plan was pretty dog-eared before it finally disappeared.

Regards - Steve B.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:56 AM
propbuster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just downloaded the Rivets plan, Thanks! I'm a big fan of Owen Kampen's designs and have built a couple already. Those old Ace kits can be pretty hard to come by these days.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:48 AM
WINANS

What a cutie! Any chance of obtaining the CAS files for a laser cut version of this?

Scott
Old 09-06-2005, 11:47 AM
g-rock

Scott,

The CAD file for the Rivets is only sufficient for scratch building. The solids file that generated the ISO pointed out that there is not sufficient material in the engine compartment for the nose to blend into the spinner. The turtle deck needs further attention for flat patterns to be generated. Someone would have to further develop the files and at least one prototype be made to perform a fit and function.

In addition, I have a problem with someone profiting from my work. But thanks, for I consider your asking a compliment.

Gene
Old 09-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Dan Vincent

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,

Thanks for posting that picture of the GMA-Cox .049.

George mentioned that engine one time but said the BB case really didn't add that much to the performance. Do you have any idea of what it would turn?

George just mentioned it briefly and moved on with the conversation and I never got a chance to discuss it further.

Sure is a pretty little thing.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:02 PM
WINANS

GRock,

I didn't mean to imply that I wanted to market it, simply to build one for myself. I have a very soft spot for anything from .010 to .049, and particularly for pulse rudder. My first semi-sucess at R/C was with a Mattel pulse system in a Dick's Dream. I guess that hooked me, though there was more failure than there was success.

My favorite for the past many years has been an R&N Li'L Pup modified from FF to pulse wtih a TD .020 for power.

Thanks for the feedback anyway, it is a gorgeus little ship. I might have to scratch one up.

scott
Old 09-06-2005, 09:19 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Great stuff Dave! That "Maybe" by P. Hartzell really trips my trigger. Sorta like a Skyfarer with a pod mounted engine.

Did I miss who did the "TD Bird"? That one has so much Frank Zaic in it it's scary! The wing & empennage looks a LOT like my ol' Thermic 50.

One last thing...how dey mount that engine?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
fritzke

Bill Siegel, from the June 1961 MAN.
Yeah, it screams Jetco/Jasco/American Telasco!
Dave