Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Beachcraft Bonanza is finaly here!

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Beachcraft Bonanza is finaly here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 07:49 PM
LoneRanger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beachcraft Bonanza is finaly here!

My HOB kit finaly arrived!

thoes robart mini retracts are way cool! these little succers will deffinaetly be goin into some different planes!

I promised I would finish about 3 other projects before starting on this bird- lol

I will do a wright up for every one! It is a great looking plane for sure!

L.R.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:43 AM
beenie
My Feedback: (9)

Lone ranger,
I was waiting for you to get that plane. I will be waiting for your write up.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:21 PM
LoneRanger

Fuse is done (aside from engine mounting), wing panels done(aside from retract placement),

since I am using that slick mount I had to re work the firewlll a bit- ok, mabey quite a bit......... but all is goin good, I got my 2 CS-21 servo's man thoes things are cool.

I dont realy care for the fuse construction on this plane because it is doubling up 2 piecse of 1/16th inch balsa (over kill in the weight department)

the canopy is one LARGE piece of clear plastic that doubles for the rear deck and part of the foreward nose section. this seems heavy too. But it has got to help the building process a bit.

I have been taking sporadic pics so I can post a Building review when I get done.

after reading some reviews of the .074 engine I wish I had that one in this plane instead of the .061. It would seemingly leave more room for error- however I think that I will be ok

on to main retract install!

L.R.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:50 AM
fastlash
My Feedback: (7)

Default say what

hey what about the other three projects that were first I guess the 1/2a bug has dug in and won't let go. YeeeHaaa build'em cowboy
Old 11-14-2002, 01:06 AM
LoneRanger

yeah, yeah I got 2 of the 3 done that counts for somethin does'nt it?

that's better than half right?

GAME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. main retracts are in~~!

L.R.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:32 PM
beenie
My Feedback: (9)

LoneRanger,
That fuse is really overbuilt, and it showed up in the balanceing of the plane. With the .061, I had to stick the battery all the way against heh firewall to get it to kind of balance out. Lightning the aft fuse and the tail feathers is important.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:15 AM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

Default bonanza

hi! I built one of those 3 years ago. did it in the top flite color scheme. no retracts(how you clearing the inverted engine?), steered fine w/ ruddervator, just had to advance throttle slowly and use elevator. used cirrus cs-21, one in each aileron, throttle and each elevator 1/2, and hs-81 for flaps (easy mod if using dual ailerons). I cut holes in the plywood doublers leaving 1/4" on edges and where bulkheads went. ame 061. 17 oz's! flew well enough to place 4th in sportsman in mint julep scale meet 3 years ago! was a great plane. had it a year, but crashed it when my hat blew off on a hand launch! bent down to pick it up, must have moved stick because it was diving. went to pull out, that's when I realized it was still on low rates! went in hard, just spread nose and busted wing attachment at bulkhead. plenty strong airframe! sold it and went on to the next one! If I can help you with yours in any way let me know! wild fred.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	38830_19598.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	21355  
Old 11-23-2002, 12:20 AM
JW2000

Default engine

Mr Ranger,
What engine are you putting in?
Good luck!
Old 11-23-2002, 01:31 AM
LoneRanger

using norvel .061 (wish I had the .074 for S&G)

the slick mount is the hardest thing to work with so far-

L.R.

ps i'm still waiting on the nose unit
Old 12-02-2002, 06:59 AM
Gitano

hello,
U know, i'm building one too, i'm using a thinder tiger 0.10 i think it'll be a little over power, but power alway help , at this time i'm about to install retracts, because of the weight i'm usin 1 servo for 3 retracts so wing will be glued, and i left the cockpit detachable, so i'll have to do everithing from the top of the plane, also i moved the wing 1 inch to the front, it'll help a lot for the CG, also it looks better, more realistic, also it'll help for a miger tail, because i'm flying it with just 4 chanels, elev, ail, throtle retracts, it's really not a beginers kit, but there i am trying my best...just hope it flies...but any information u could give me it'll help...specially with retracts, never done an airplane with retracts..i know , bad plane to be the first...there's very little sapce in it, so maybe tomorrow i'll start adding servos... the other only concern i have is weith because all things i've added i think it'll be a lot heavier, tho i've changed some parts for lighter balsa...but if you have any recomendation it'll help me a lot...thanx!
Old 12-07-2002, 12:59 AM
LoneRanger

FINALY I have the nose retract unit in my hands!

MAN THAT TOOK A LONG TIME~~~~~~~~

back to work now-

L.R.