Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

2006 Design Contest Official rules

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

2006 Design Contest Official rules

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 06:08 PM
BruceTharpe
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Design Contest Official rules

Ordered one and received it already! Top quality, ash-colored Hanes T-shirt with perfect screening Great job Cafe Press! Thank you Andrew for following through on the shirts even after trying to let you off the hook. Will wear mine with pride.

Congrats to Combatpigg and his Greased Pig. You got my first place vote. Good looks, outstanding performance, and impressive piloting. Maybe the most impressive thing was getting your home-made spinner to run true on that screaming engine. Cool vid got you lots of votes; still not sure why it was buried on another guy's page. Must be flying buddies...
Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Design Contest Official rules

Thanks for the kind words, I thought the voting was pretty even and the variety of models was pretty good. Bruce, your tri-winger was in keeping with the spirit of the contest more than anyones', in my opinion. I go for innovation, [I still think the Norvellian Star Cruiser deserves its' own special spot in the design contest Hall of Fame]. The only dissapointments this year was the lack of completed models, lack of entrants, and the inexplicable low vote count for BipeFlyers' beautiful plane. Good to see SR77 come up with a good score for such an unusual ship. I think this was about his 3rd scratch build. When we were feeling it out for the first time, and as I looked it over, there seemed to be some details about the plane that were stretching the "rules of 1/2A design", but it flies great!