Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

A BEE with A BEE

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:09 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A BEE with A BEE

Can anyone help me, to find plans for this: http://www.greathobbies.com/products...rod_id=CAV2030 or the LazyBee.My Nephews are coming for a week ,or so ,again this summer, and, I want to have some Back-up planes,Ready to go....These Planes are so Ugly they`re Cute. And the BABE BEE 0.049" Cox engines would probably do the job nicely,especially for the smaller Bee in the link above..Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A BEE with A BEE

Uncle Dave build the nephs a DNU. Downloadable plans, easy to build, and an awsome performer. Loops, rolls, and loud what more can young men, Riley included, ask for?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 PM
D Bronk

The DNU 0.061",is already 2/3 done..The LST 0.074" is on standby,and ready to go..Have to put the Top wing on the Guillows S.E.5A(we`re not finished Beating that one up,yet) got some Properly running Cox 0.049" engines running now,for that.I Saw a video, of a Lazy Bee flying, Looked like BIG FUN..
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

I'd vote for a glider, but after seeing Flyswatter's Nomad, I'm kinda stuck in that gear... I need to start a thread about that...
Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 AM
D Bronk

I forgot ,I also have B.Mathews Cadet C/L ,with Babe BEE 0.049" ready to go too.I want to keep them busy,and away from the video games.I just Pray, for good weather while they`re here.We`ve had about 2 months of wind here.[]
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sent you a pm..Rog
Old 06-21-2006, 11:54 AM
D Bronk

Well, FLYINGROG has helped me out ,with exactly what I `m looking for,with the "Yard Bee", and then some (more about that, in a week,or so).The kids Flight program is looking pretty good for this summer now..I`ll start Riley doing his reports to our RCU friends, with the thread ,I got going, for the KIDs last summer..I`m not sure, But I think, the Summer Break from School,starts at the end of June or 1`st week of July.I understand from my Sister, that they all are doing, very good in school.They seem to compete with each other,for grades..LOL..So I`m going to reward them, the best I can.School`s out Soon, But Not at UNCA Ds`..can hardly wait, should have a Blast..
Old 06-21-2006, 12:12 PM
KidEpoxy

Wouldn't the DNU be a little Hot for kids to learn on?
It's a fine plane, but its no trainer
Old 06-21-2006, 02:20 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

Wouldn't the DNU be a little Hot for kids to learn on?
It's a fine plane, but its no trainer
That's fer sure....
Old 06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

I thought the LST was for the training? I'd put'em on the Cadet first, though. See if you can get them dizzy enough to toss their cookies. (I'm not a very nice uncle...)
Old 06-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Sneasle

they shoudl be alright.. im gonna use the DNU as a trainer... granted, with a buddy box..
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 PM
D Bronk

"Wouldn't the DNU be a little Hot for kids to learn on?
It's a fine plane, but its no trainer"

That one is more for ME

"I thought the LST was for the training? I'd put'em on the Cadet first, though. See if you can get them dizzy enough to toss their cookies. (I'm not a very nice uncle...)"

YES.I`ll make sure that their Dog will be Leashed this time Cadet, and LST will be the First Victims..I`m kind of mean too,when they wipe out on their minibike(Happens every time they`re here.(They get Brave,and Stupid))After I get them to Stop crying(thats Normal).I make The Crashee, go fix the Divot,in the grass, that gets made from the Foot Peg,digging in to the turf.Give`em SH-T,and then make the guilty ride again..LOL..But A cookie Tossing Contest,now that sounds, like a lot of Fun (for Me).as they get the swing of things,I`ll keep putting ,a larger volume of Fuel, into the Tank for Longer Run times.If that doesn`t do it ,I`ll prop it out more,and slowly bring the engine, closer to center.That ought to ,put some lunch out for the Bears..LOL
Old 07-04-2006, 12:24 AM
D Bronk

Well ,Mr Flyinrog sent me something, through the mail.He said he would help me out ,with, the" Yard Bee".He also was going to send some other things.Here`s the package.Gosh ,,there`s a LOT, of ,GOOD PEOPLE, in these threads,in the 1/2A forum.I like this forum the best, of all,in RCU.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97471.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	486644  
Old 07-04-2006, 12:47 AM
D Bronk

In the Box ,,,The Clancy, Yard Bee..It`s a 1/2A /electric size plane. Rog told me ,there was a bit if damage on it ..The BEE is intended, for a small throttled engine.Initially I thought,I would use ,a Cox BEE engine..The manual that he sent me ,shows set-up,
for an AP 0.061".I`ll use the 1 Norvel, BIG MIG 0.061",that I have...BEE Pictures,,

Name:	Ay73574.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	486647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr56283.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	486648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78045.jpg
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	486649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76800.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	486650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39850.jpg
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	486651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84439.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	486652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97627.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	486653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74290.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	486654  

Old 07-04-2006, 01:03 AM
D Bronk

Since, I had the covering Iron out, from working on the DNU.I gave it a shot, to try and straighten, the wing tip out.I think I have it pretty close to proper now..This plane is REALLY, really, light weight.The covering is something Iv`e never seen before..it seems to be a plasicized paper ...Rog, do you know ,what brand it is.I would like to use the same covering to patch/repair the bottom of the wing(holes).I also repaired the crack in the Tail too.I`ll finish off ,the DNU first, and then, Rig/assemble the Yard BEE.I need some opinions, on something ,with this plane later...

Rog, is making me busy. Also in the box, is a,,,,RI

Name:	Ge94359.jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	486662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29000.jpg
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	486663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29663.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	486664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52584.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	486665  
Old 07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Dave, with all the planes you have under your belt, you could scratch out a BEE from a photograph. There wasn't any rocket science involved, just a flat bottom wing with a thick airfoil, and those wingtips that act like dihedral. the rest is just a bunch of sticks. They are great fun, best flat spinner I ever saw that didn't have ailerons.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:09 AM
AlphaWhisky

OK - so maybe a dumb question from halfway around the world, but made in good faith.

What is a DNU and where can I see one?

Alan W [&o]
Old 07-04-2006, 04:52 AM
SGC

DNU= Das Not Ugly pictures ,plans here :- http://www.ulmer-rc.com/
Stewart
Old 07-04-2006, 06:19 AM
D Bronk

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

There wasn't any rocket science involved, just a flat bottom wing with a thick airfoil, and those wingtips that act like dihedral. the rest is just a bunch of sticks. They are great fun, best flat spinner I ever saw that didn't have ailerons.

CP.I had a few thoughts along those lines,I think, you just gave me the "push",I needed.I happened on, to a video of, the bigger sized LAZY BEE.The stunts, that the guy was pulling, with that larger plane ,had me .SORT of Ugly,but ,Pretty graceful too.It looked like big time fun.So I ,went ,and checked into it ,and discovered there was a, 1/2A size Yard Bee,and that,leads me to ,the top of this thread,and asking for plans here.Now ,I`ll have to learn CAD.,but,will I have copyright issues, if, I was to offer them to the,
RCU 1/2A ers??I want to contribute too..YES ,this is not ,Rocket Science.The simplicity is ,"Simple"..

Name:	Om34286.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	486720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93783.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	486721   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27396.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	486722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys48849.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	486723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oz30889.jpg
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	486724  
Old 07-04-2006, 07:07 AM
D Bronk

.So also in the Box, was plans, and, parts, for a "RIVETS".This is the plane, I`ll use as a test bed, for the engines, that Injunut sent me,a while back.This plane looks FAST..I tried looking for a thread about it but had no luck with my search ..Anyone have a link,on this one??I would like to learn more ,about it..Happy 4th of July to all our American friends!!!We just had our ,Canada Day(similar type of celebration)on the 1`st.Sure would be nice, if, the entire, North American Continent,would hold, a same day Party,and, if it was legal to have firecrackers, and ,pop-bottle rockets, again,here in CANADA..Some pretty Dumb rules/Laws up here,in Canukada.

.Rog said he has a few "Short kits"..The parts are laser cut ,and, look like they are a real clean cut just as good as a,
HERR Enginerring Kit ,that I have.Very nice.Plans/drawings ,look very good too.I will start a thread on the RIVETS once a few of the projects I`ve got going now ,are finished up..Roger also said, these short kits, are not expensive, at all.A suggestion/idea to the newer Guys(me included), in the forum ,contact Roger for one of these kits (around $10.00)with plans,[X(]and ,we could do a "Group Build".There`s always a few questions involved with builds like this,and, the experts ,could answer in one place (thread).For the price,I don`t think you can go wrong.It`s a good way, to get into, the Pylon/High Speed, aspect of this ,COX engine powered sport..

Name:	Bz79320.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	486729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71251.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	486730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13972.jpg
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	486731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex69076.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	486732  
Old 07-04-2006, 07:08 AM
mclintock
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got one of those global yard bee arf jobbers- on mine the rudder wound up not straight up and down when I used the tabs cut into the stab as a guide, and I've gotta find a way to get the thing back apart, not easy since I used gorilla glue!

With no fin, I guess i got thrown by the hindged rudder while lining things up and sort of assumed the hole in the stab would force proper alignment, but I was wrong. Also, check the thrust angle of the motor mount plate, mine wound up with several degrees of UP thrust! Not good. Gotta get out the chisel and plane the beams down to get a few degrees of down thrust instead.

I guess I'm saying before you glue anything on yours don't assume the already built parts of the fuse are straight.. .

I wish I knew what that covering was too.. an email to Hobby People may help.. I havent' tried that.

You gonna put that babe bee in there?
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 AM
D Bronk

The last,but, the best thing, in FlyinRogs Box.Not sure what it means ,But, I do look good in RED.I gave up,
the "GANGSTER" Lifestyle. What`s the Club MOTTO,??,,"FLY, till you, DIE"..Do I have to Pilage, and plunder.???I promised OL`GranMa,I wouldn`t bring home, any new WENCHES..Maybe it will be okay, if I make ,one of them Cook, and the rest of them, clean...

Name:	Om33499.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	486737  
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 AM
D Bronk

ORIGINAL: mclintock

I've got one of those global yard bee arf jobbers- on mine the rudder wound up not straight up and down when I used the tabs cut into the stab as a guide, and I've gotta find a way to get the thing back apart, not easy since I used gorilla glue!

With no fin, I guess i got thrown by the hindged rudder while lining things up and sort of assumed the hole in the stab would force proper alignment, but I was wrong. Also, check the thrust angle of the motor mount plate, mine wound up with several degrees of UP thrust! Not good. Gotta get out the chisel and plane the beams down to get a few degrees of down thrust instead.

I guess I'm saying before you glue anything on yours don't assume the already built parts of the fuse are straight.. .

I wish I knew what that covering was too.. an email to Hobby People may help.. I havent' tried that.

You gonna put that babe bee in there?

.That rudder set-up is so flimsy,it might straighten out ,when assembled,perhaps a shim in the tail section?.I get over 1 1/2", per side, flex, on this ones rudder.[X(]..Engine mounting is set up already, but I will check it out. Gonna use something, with throttle ,on this Yard Bee. WE`ll see what the BABE BEE,and, a bunch of other COX 0.049" will do, on that Rivets. That covering material on the Yard BEE sure is different though..

Name:	Bz78984.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	486746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82132.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	486747  
Old 07-04-2006, 08:19 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its just a hat dude..I think it was McClintock that came on here a couple of years ago saying "Hey Hobby People has the Yard Bee on sale!!" so I got one too,,totally uninterested after I opened the box , it sat for quite some time,,long enough for one of the dogs to step on the tail feathers and break them...the covering is strange almost skin like in texture, cant help with that one...hope the kids have fun with it...glad I could help Dave,,rather someone use it than it sit around gathering dust....now about that Rivets..?That was BobHH's idea I just took it and ran with it..I havent even built one myself, I have so many projects!!..glad I could help...you could change the hat to Canada 1/2A Crew or is that Canadian..I never get that..Canada Geese, their not Canadian..their from Canada....woof...Rog
Old 07-04-2006, 09:05 AM
D Bronk

"Its just a hat dude .....you could change the hat to Canada 1/2A Crew." I`ll leave it "STOCK", till the Waranty runs out.

"I never get that..Canada Geese, their not Canadian..their from Canada..."..Yeah, I`m not sure about that.I do know that if you get to close to their Gaggle of kids ,Mama Goose, will do her best, to beat the Crap out of ya.Pretty powerful animal..What I wonder is ,Do they need Photo I.D. to cross the border, when it`s time to visit, Injunnut in Florida,for the winter???

Thanks a lot Roger ,I think with the stuff, I`ve got ready now, and this Yard Bee.I Should be able to, keep those Boys occupied for a while. ANY one know of Video of this plane??

Maybe BobHH will pop in and link us to a video of the Rivets...A little history would be good too..

"Ever walk into a room and forget what you went in for?...ADHD, welcome to my world,it happens everyday!" This happens to me on the staircase.. when I get to the landing where the stairs turn.I have to ask myself ,"am I going UP,or, Down"..It really can make, for a long day..LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.