Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

A day at the field

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 09:34 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A day at the field

Well, I load up a spad, the rivets, and my .40 trainer..cant get the spad started..figure the glow driver is too low so I grab my cox battery box and I did get a few sputters but no go..on to the rivets..fires right up! it goes 100 feet and dies in tall grass...fill it up again and fire it up...yeehaw its flying fine but the golden bee on it just aint givin me all it has (ear pitch dontcha know) flew out the tank and landed 20 feet away!!!!!3rd flight goes 10 feet I leaned it out too much it dies and the tail cracked so its a 5 minute repair but I do that at home....well now onto the trainer..it only has a 4 oz tank in it so after I finally get it going it flys (hahahaha if you'd seen the take off you'd think.."no way this plane is coming back alive") great for 5 minutes maybe and vvrrtt, out of gas...its amazing to me that when a plane runs out of fuel it is so easy to control..it couldnt have been more than 40 feet up and I circled the field twice and brought it straight down the run way ,touched down on 3 wheels..what can I say I love to deadstick...next week...stay tuned..Rog
Old 07-28-2006, 02:44 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A day at the field

How come you can't do that in front of witnesses?
Old 07-28-2006, 04:16 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BAAhahahahahaha..I will dude, I will....thats why I'm practicing now...I was just talkin to a friend this morning about how at my flyin's my stuff is always broke!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what can I say I love to deadstick
Maybe you need to try sailplanes
Old 07-28-2006, 09:34 PM
KidEpoxy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once you master DeadStick landings, then you can try the more difficult DeadStick ROG Launch- May the force be with you