Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Handy tool

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:34 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Handy tool

I took the conversion calculator javascript from the the web site and stripped out all the html junk. You still need to click the Calculate button; I haven't tweaked it to calculate by hitting your enter key yet.

http://home.triad.rr.com/rainedav/conversion.html

Anyway, go to the page and at the top of your browser click on View > Page Source. Copy and paste everything into Notepad and save the file on your computer. Name it conversion.html Not conversion.txt. Then in your browser click on File > Open File... and open the file you named conversion.html and bookmark it. You now have an offline conversion calculator. Feel free to open it in Frontpage or whatever and decorate it with colorful backgrounds, etc.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Handy tool

In Firefox you just click File > Save As. Nice job/find. That will be pretty handy.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:33 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Handy tool

Thanks. I'm just in the habit of looking at the source code since most people put so much junk in their pages. I'm pretty adamant about using CSS and absolutely as little html as possible. Using external style sheets is superior to HTML (and javascript, for that matter) in every way.

Tonight I get the enter key function working.