Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

DNU back in the Air

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

DNU back in the Air

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:57 AM
brocja01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DNU back in the Air

Hey all, I finally got my DNU back in the air this weekend. It has been sitting on my bench for probably 6 months waiting for me to finish the rebuild of the wing. I finally got it in the air but it was only for about a minute and a half. My little BW wasn't making any power. I have put on a fly quiet pipe I purchases and I'm thinking that I don't have it installed right, because before I put it on there, the DNU flew well, but now it barely flies.

Anyone have any suggestions with trying to get the engine pulling well with the pipe?

Thanks all in advance.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: DNU back in the Air

Make sure the slots are matching on the exhaust and that you "tuned" it by moving the pipe in enough. Sounds like you're using an ugly stik in the right manner! A shop hack/test bed.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:09 PM
brocja01

Default RE: DNU back in the Air

Yeah, the DNU is really supposed to be my no hastle, fun flyer. But the troubles that the little BW gave me Friday when I tried for an hour to get it running and finally got it running and got 1.5 minutes of flight time. Was a little frustrating. It was sure fun however to see the little plane in the air again.

I'll have to spend some time this week, trying to get the engine running right. Unfortunatley I don't have a tack, so it is all by ear. We will have to see how it turns out.

I'll keep everyone updated.