Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Any CC in K/C Archdale today?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Any CC in K/C Archdale today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any CC in K/C Archdale today?

I was in K/C Hobbies in Archdale today around 1:30ish and someone came in with a small Stick-like plane, maybe a DNU. I was foraging the hardware and didn't see him/you, but my dad did. Would that have been any of y'all? I'd hate to think I just missed someone who's famous around this forum!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any CC in K/C Archdale today?

What did the dude look like Dave? Was he short with a mullet wearing a pair of Dickies and an orange hat? If so then it wasn't me

Later,
Tim
Old 09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
rainedave

I didn't see him. That's the problem. My dad did (we were buying a spinner and hinges for his Jr. Skylark). I have to assume he knows the difference between a DNU and an NSU.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Oh bloody heck! No it wasn't me but I wish it had been. Here's the situation; I have been trying to come up with an excuse to motor two hours up the road to spend 30 minutes or so surrounded by that special warm fuzzy feeling that one only gets when one is in a well-stocked hobby shop. The sights, the smells. Ah, good times, good times. Of course, the fact is that there are numerous things that I "need", can't do without y' know but it is very likely that I would fall victim to an impulse purchase or two.

Tell you what, next time you or any of our esteemed C 1/2A C colleagues know a day or two in advance that they are going to the "shrine" - shoot me an email (or call) and maybe we can set a time and spend a few precious minutes swapping l**s - I mean facts - about them thar little toys. Oo, oo maybe even break bread together.

And just in case we aren't sure that we could recognize each other "with our clothes on" (oh you know what I mean, no fuel or sweat stains, no rips or patches) - we could clench a rose in our teeth (or a 6x3 prop) and, of course, sport the universally recognized C 1/2A C hat as provided by our very own fashion expert - Rog.

What say, youse-all?
Old 09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
rainedave

That's a great idea Raymond. We could make a new post and when someone is going to the LHS just add a new reply so it gets bumped to the top of the forum. BTW, those arf boxes at the shop are getting huge these days. How does anyone sneak stuff in the house anymore?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fat, ugly, bald, white guy?? Wasn't me either. I have been thru there a dozen or more times in the last two weeks but haven't had time to stop or it was too late.[&:] Raymond is always a good sport for a quick trip to the Cracker Barell for a snack fwiw. I came close to going to Columbia, SC via Archdale this morning but ran low on time again.
Hey Hollis, if you're lurking, I am going to be O-burg in the AM if you care, then back to the homespot in Valdese. Untill then here I sit in the Sleep Inn in Colo, SC waiting for a guy on the left coast to call me back about a neutron source holder.[sm=72_72.gif]

Dave, I still want to see your vast collection of Co2 motors when I get time. I may even toss a lekky in the supertaurus for the occasion.[8D]
Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Vic,

What the heck are you waiting on a neutron source holder for? Which do you need one in teflon or polystyrene and with or without the tungston shield?

LAter,
Tim
Old 09-11-2006, 08:54 PM
vicman

I'm gonna make one.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

I guess my reading comprehension skills must be lagging of late because I keep going over the group photo of the C 1/2A C group and I don't see an "old, fat, bald, white guy" in there. Did I misinterpret those words? Or could it be that someone that I don't recall was lurking near the hot dog cooker when the shot was taken (that may explain the "fat" part anyway)? I guess I may never know unless someone steps up courageously and confesses.

I did take note of that particularly loveable, charming, wise, mature, imposing figure of a fellow holding a model with some writing on the wing. Its unusual to see him in a group situation when he's not being mobbed by autograph seekers and other smitten admirers.

Now that I think of it, a person could probably put on a few extra pounds by hanging around the Cracker Barrel day after day just hoping that one of his all-time favorite kindred spirit type model airplane buddy's would stop in for a quick snack. That same person could develop all manner of psychological handicaps during those long hours standing on the bridge over I-40 hoping that his hero would pass by and see me - er him - holding the sign that says . . . well, never mind that here.

Maybe me - er somebody - should be driving to Archdale every day or so on the off chance that . . . aw, I'm getting too emotional to write any more.

By the way, would it be proper to post suggestions here about what to do with the neutron sub-atomic cheek-flesh blaster here?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:19 PM
hfenn

ORIGINAL: vicman

Hey Hollis, if you're lurking, I am going to be O-burg in the AM if you care, then back to the homespot in Valdese. Untill then here I sit in the Sleep Inn in Colo, SC waiting for a guy on the left coast to call me back about a neutron source holder.[sm=72_72.gif]
I do care, but I'll be stuck at work in B'well[] Let me know next time, maybe I'll be off (work that is).
Old 09-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Hey Hollis,

PM me. I have a list of ways to avoid certain people. I think he may get suspicious if you use the "I gotta work" one too often.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:35 PM
vicman

Fat, ugly, bald, white guy??
Hey Mr. LeSelfabsorbed, I was referring to your illilgitemate evil twin stepson by another mother.[sm=49_49.gif]

Hollis, are there any hobby shops I should know about in the area? I am going to Cannon Bridge Rd and then back home.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

. . . "your illilgitemate evil twin stepson by another mother". I love it! Ranks right up there with "that's my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl." Good night.

Oh, check out that Inter-ex stuff. And look at March 2006 archive for the "Rocketman" and the other indoor videos. Amazing stuff - and people.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:51 AM
BANJOAIRPLANE

I would be willing to bet it was FlyinRog.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:27 AM
flyinrog

Hey leave me outa the mix,,Ive only been there once and that was with you..everything else comes from the bay or Tower
Old 09-12-2006, 06:40 AM
vicman

Besides Rog aint fat.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:04 AM
BANJOAIRPLANE

I don't know ,Rog is eating pretty good these days.
Of course he has a long way to go to catch me.[X(]
(just funnin' ya rog)
Old 09-12-2006, 07:19 AM
JRAllen
My Feedback: (71)

I am interested in trying these little birds. Do any of you know where I could get my hands on a used on. I really didn't want to jump in with all new and not like it. I've been flying for about 25 years and never tried 1/2 A. Thought I would ask you guys since you were right around the corner.
BTW,. I have alot of stock in K/C also.......HAHA

Jamie
Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 AM
vicman

None of my used ones fly anymore[sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 09-12-2006, 07:32 AM
hfenn

ORIGINAL: vicman

Hollis, are there any hobby shops I should know about in the area? I am going to Cannon Bridge Rd and then back home.
Our "local" hobby shops are in Summerville (1hr and 15 min from O'burg), North Augusta, Lexington, Columbia..... you get the idea.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 AM
vicman

I may look up the one in N Augusta the next time I go to Aiken. Is there anything besides hobbytown or HL in Columbia? I am going to hit the Hobby Stop in York on my way home.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 AM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: JRAllen

I am interested in trying these little birds. Do any of you know where I could get my hands on a used on. I really didn't want to jump in with all new and not like it. I've been flying for about 25 years and never tried 1/2 A. Thought I would ask you guys since you were right around the corner.
BTW,. I have alot of stock in K/C also.......HAHA

Jamie
Man are you in luck..the 1/2A flyin is in 3 weeks (9-30-06) in greater Snow Camp North Carolina!!
none of my used planes fly anymore either and half of them never did....Maybe Ray could fix you up with a Sharkface [&:]..I'll have some short kits of the Rivets there, its a snappy little 2 channel , so you just need a couple of mini servos ($10) each,,, a mini Rx does run $45-$55 I was using the cheaper Great Planes one until recently I switched to the Hitec Electron 6..nice unit and they keep them in stock at KC..Rog
Free burgers and hotdogs too!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:01 AM
JRAllen
My Feedback: (71)

Thanks,
i have everything but the plane. Maybe you could email me some directions to the flyin. I would really like to come.

Jamie.
I'll PM you my email address
Old 09-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

Roger, Roger, Roger. I'm surprised at you. Sharkface indeed! Why I sputter, harumph, and - and - now I've got the hiccoughs.

Jamie, please excuse our silly little porcine banter (hey, was that another "fat" joke?). I'll have youse-all know that I've lost six pounds between my last two doctor's visits. See, not ALL illnesses are ALL bad.

But seriously, I have an LS-150 that I've flown a few times with an electric setup. I was planning to strip her down and sell the airframe at the next BARKS swap meet. I don't believe I've had more than 10 or 12 flights with it. It would need a coat or two of dope on the fuselage since I didn't fuel proof it. That and an accommodation on the front end for a reedy and some light radio equipment and she would be ready to take to the airways.

However, The LS-150 is a trainer type model (except when its used for racing ) and that's why I haven't flown it very much - with rudder and elevator its not what I'd call exciting. So if you've been flying for decades you may want something more sprightly.

Well, if you're interested I'll bring it on the 30th. You'll be able to recognize me as I'll be the one who waddles to the flight line.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:15 PM
rainedave

Vic, not sure where you got the idea I have a collection of CO2's. I do have one that I posted pics of a while back.

I tend to alternate between Archdale and King although they're both a long drive. King keeps most of their hardware on the wall behind the counter. It makes it really difficult to shop for stuff having to ask someone to show you each item. Maybe they've had a lot of shoplifting, who knows. K/C has most of their stuff out where you can examine it and pick through it. Both have good pricing. K/C just seems to be a bit friendlier. I feel like I'm always being watched at King. Maybe I look shady, or they think everyone is trying to steal from them. It's just a feeling I get, it may not be true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.