Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

anybody have any balsa plane plans?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

anybody have any balsa plane plans?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:51 PM
JasonFalls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody have any balsa plane plans?

If you have any plans or something for a plane that is made of balsa please post picture
and you will be my friend
Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: anybody have any balsa plane plans?

WOW! I can be YOUR friend?!

www.ulmer-rc.com
Old 10-05-2006, 10:37 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ptulmer has some wonderful plans he designed. Bipe Flyer does, too, like his trainer:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2301186/tm.htm

What type of plane are you looking for? I have lots and lots of plans (that I didn't design). I can email most anything to you. Here's a good beginner's project:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19325.gif
Views:	26
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	535938  
Old 10-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[link=http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/index.html]Dave Fritzke's excellent site[/link]

[link=http://www.profili2.com/eng/plans.asp]Profili2.com[/link] -- extensive plans source

[link=http://www.willingtons.com/mymac/Plans_Download.htm]Plans - mostly DXF and DWG formats[/link]

[link=http://www.rcblueprints.com/]RC Blueprints[/link]
Old 10-06-2006, 10:47 AM
JasonFalls

I am really looking for a control line plan as I am just getting into the hobby thanx.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:51 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason, then go to Dave Fritzke's site that Andrew linked to above. He has several C/L plans and they are formatted to print out on a regular home ink jet printer.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:59 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Also, there's Google.

http://au.geocities.com/rbs588490/Plans.htm
Old 10-06-2006, 02:44 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Go look at the free plans section at www.smallflyingarts.com . In the control line part there's plans for a model called the Cadet..... you may recognize the designer's name.... I've heard from 1/2 a (does that qualify as a 1/2A pun?) dozen folks that built them and they all proved to be good trainers and taught the guys to fly well.

And later on you can take off the landing gear and handlaunch it. Taking off the gear moves the CG back enough that it'll do wingovers and loops and if you have a stunt tank setup you can even learn to fly inverted.

PS: As much as I'd like to see you build a Cadet I'd be a bit mean if I didn't mention that for control line training you can make a cheap and dirty trainer from that silly corroplast plastic or even that cardboard you were talking about. Doing a trainer with this method is as simple as cutting out the shape from a flat piece of corro and cutting away one side only along a corrugation for a hinge. Add an engine mount and bellcrank and a couple of other bits to finish off the controls and go fly. They are tough but if they do get all bent out of shape they are super cheap to replace.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Andrew

ORIGINAL: JasonFalls

I am really looking for a control line plan ..............
[link=http://www.balsabeavers.ca/begginers_page.htm]Here's an inexpensive trainer[/link] made from "that silly coroplast". Plans are at the bottom in PDF format -- it's about as simple as it gets. With the elections coming up, you should be able to find lots of building material.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:01 PM
harrier81

Hi i am looking for a plan of a plane named "baby" it´s for 0.49 power and i remember it was a kit made by pylot, a japanese firm i think... i am looking for plans for a 0.49, 0.20 planes, mostly upper wings i like, my favorite is like Airtronics Q-Tee and things like that, something like a SE5 bipe, etc...

let me know what plans do you have please.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:22 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Jason, that corroplast "thing" is the one I was thinking of. It don't get much simpler and in this case the corroplast is a fine material. I also would suggest that you can get away just fine with about 1/2 as much engine offset and it'll still be fine.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Andrew

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

............. I also would suggest that you can get away just fine with about 1/2 as much engine offset and it'll still be fine.

Jason --

The offset Bruce posted about is where the engine is angled to the right -- the reason for this is to keep the plane flying away from the center of the circle and keep the control lines tight. As you gain experience flying C/L, you will learn to step back or pull your hand in if necessary to maintain line tension until the plane reaches flying speed. After the plane gains speed, the engine offset and leadout angle combined with centrifugal force will give good line tension. If your lines are allowed to go slack, you will not be able to move the elevator with the control handle.

Because these C/L trainers build quickly and are easily modified, leave the offset as shown in the plans until you get used to launching and flying the plane. Once you are comfortable with launching and keeping your lines tight, follow Bruce's suggestion of reducing the engine offset -- you can do this simply by relocating the rear engine mount screw. I expect you will find that the plane actually flies better, but will require your attention during launch and until it reaches flying speed.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:06 AM
SGC

Jason,
Stacks of C/L plans here :- http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/_cat001.html
Stewart