Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Cox 7-3.5 gray props

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox 7-3.5 gray props

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:04 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cox 7-3.5 gray props

This is odd - I was sorting and cleaning in my "slightly disorganized" workshop this weekend, and decided to sort my prop collection into drawers. I spotted a black and a grey 7-3.5 prop, and fondled them for a couple of seconds (forgot I had them, I don't have any Cox .09's) immediately the grey prop caught my eye - one of the blades was canted slightly forward a tiny bit. Wondering if my eyes were playing tricks, I set a straight edge along the prop, centered on the through hole and aligned with the LE at the tip. Lo and behold, the other blade was out nearly 1/16".

I wonder how many of these props are like that!!?? My gosh, they would shake the poor engine/airplane like crazy. If anyone reads this and has any, I would be curious if mine is a unique defect, such as the prop coming out of the mold too hot. One would assume it is a machine operator error along those lines, as I simply cannot see a mold getting cut like that. I can't imagine I have the only example.

Not the biggest problem facing the world right now, but thought I'd mention it.

MJD