Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Jr Falcon and Jr Skylark

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Jr Falcon and Jr Skylark

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr Falcon and Jr Skylark

I have been hesitant in posting this information (in case I wanted to buy several more kits for myself ), but [link=http://www.tntlandinggear.com/clearance_corner.htm]TNT Landing gear[/link] is closing out their stock of Early RC Models kits for unbelievable prices. My Jr Falcon and Jr Skylark kits were delivered yesterday, and I can't believe how nice they are! They were packaged carefully and shiped quickly.

Great job on these kits btw, Bob H!

Growing up I always wanted to build a Jr Skylark. Every time I would go into a hobby shop with my Dad I would look for a kit! I just never had the money for it until they were all gone.

I later built a Skylark 56 as my first low-wing plane and flew it for many years, even after moving up to more complicated planes. I still had the desire for the Jr. Skylark, and now I can build it!

I will post pictures when I build it. This will be on the Winter Project list...

Cheers,

Brett
Old 11-03-2006, 01:50 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jr Falcon and Jr Skylark

Wow,

That's a great price on boyh those kits. Not that I needed another plane but I just ordered a JR Falcon.

Thanks for the heads up.

Darren
Old 11-03-2006, 04:38 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Yep Brett that is a great buy! Both are good steady fliers! Lets see some pictures!

Bob Harris
Old 11-03-2006, 04:52 PM
tangerine-jack

Oh great, a kit. Just when I got done scratchbuilding the same thing for about the same price.[:@]
Old 11-03-2006, 05:49 PM
hogflyer

That's all I need - more kits in a very limited space. Since I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted the Jr. Skylark or the Jr. Falcon, I decided what the heck, just order both - another problem solved (created?) with RCU!

BTerry,

How about posting some pics so the rest can (or at least me) see what we're (I'm) getting into.......

Hogflyer
Old 11-03-2006, 06:27 PM
BTerry

I will take some pics over the weekend. TNT said they have 10 falcons and 4 skylarks in stock.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:11 PM
flyinrog

It appears they are already sold out,,as the pics of them have been removed....Rog
Old 11-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Mr67Stang

I got one of Bob's Jr. Falcon kits at the fun fly. Was interested in the Skylark and now they are all gone. Guess you can't be behind the fat kid at the chow line can ya?[>:] That's alright. The wife just bought me my B-Day present. A new Hanger 9 Spitfire with a New Saito 1.00 and all the trimmings Ya, I know it's like a C-5 to a Cesna for you guys but I like em all... want them all... need them all... Give me all of them![:@]
Old 11-04-2006, 01:23 AM
BTerry

On second look tonight, the plans and parts say "Electric Model Designs", and the plans are drawn by Jim Zare (wrote the electric column for RCM for many years). I don't know if these are related to Bob H or EarlyRC Models.

Regardless, here are a few pictures. The quality of the cutting is great, and the wood is all contest-balsa. The plans show the electric installation, but the kit includes a plywood firewall for engines. I think I will use a Norvel engine for a change, I have flown electric and gasoline planes exclusively for years now and would like a change of pace!

Here are a couple pictures of the plans, the wood, and the laser cutting from the Skylark kit.

The kit looks very straightforward. No instructions are included. Do we really need instructions anyhow? The plans are very descriptive so I don't expect any problems. I built enough Guillows kits as a boy to figure out any problems that may arise.

Now if I could just find the time...!

To all who bought the kits based on this post, please show some pictures! I will show as many as I can when I build mine.

Brett
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77199.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	554027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57275.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	554028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30391.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	554029  
Old 11-04-2006, 02:00 AM
BTerry

Well a little research proved it. These kits were offered by Jim Zare directly, and not by Bob at EarlyRC. I apologize for the confusion! The kit is still a bargain and looks very promising.

These kits have sheet balsa tail surfaces instead of the built-up surfaces, and have slab fuse sides. The wing is semi-symmetrical, and ailerons will require a bit of modification (details are on the plans).

I expect this plane could be framed up in only a few hours.

I will keep you posted.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 AM
flyinrog

Hmmm, the pic that was up of the Jr Falcon was the same pic as Bob's on Early RC, but the pic of the Skylark wasnt....??..Rog
Old 11-04-2006, 09:51 AM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well, not my plans or design. It appears that someone has modified the design a bit. The original Jr Falcon and Skylark had 2 center rib spars one up front and the other back. These have a D Box design. Strangely I have never heard of this mfg. Maybe the diviations from the original scared people off. Still should be a great flier. As for the picture of the Jr Skylark it is on the wesite so I guess anyone could copy it. No worries, just build them and fly!!

Bob Harris
Old 11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
old git

ORIGINAL: BTerry

I have been hesitant in posting this information (in case I wanted to buy several more kits for myself ), but [link=http://www.tntlandinggear.com/clearance_corner.htm]TNT Landing gear[/link] is closing out their stock of Early RC Models kits for unbelievable prices. My Jr Falcon and Jr Skylark kits were delivered yesterday, and I can't believe how nice they are! They were packaged carefully and shiped quickly.

Cheers,

Brett
Now I realise that I should spend time reading EVERYTHING on RCU. I wanted a Jr Falcon and a Jr Skylark and had looked for them on eBay. When I recently saw your post I used the link. I found the TNT landing gear website. Their eMail link didn't work so I used the phone number on their website and rang them in USA from here in UK. Needless to say there were none left but the lass who answered the phone said she had them for ages and they didn't sell then suddenly there was a run on them. Perhaps you should approach them for your advertising fee. She was very nice and mentioned a few kits that remained but they were of no interest to me.

old git - - - - - - -aka John L.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

John,

You can get the Jr. Falcon and Jr. Skylark from [link=http://www.earlyrcmodels.com/]Early RC Models[/link].
If you don't mind scratch building, you can download the plans from [link=http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/]Dave Fritzke's website[/link].
Old 11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
old git

ORIGINAL: Bipe Flyer

John,

You can get the Jr. Falcon and Jr. Skylark from [link=http://www.earlyrcmodels.com/]Early RC Models[/link].
If you don't mind scratch building, you can download the plans from [link=http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/]Dave Fritzke's website[/link].
Thanks Bipe but the $50.00 the pair was the real attraction. The Early RC models will have to wait until I have a need rather than a want.
I like to take up opportunities when they present themselves.

old git - - - - - - -aka John L.