Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

SIG Hummer Plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 PM
jawelsh
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG Hummer Plans?

Anyone have a copy of the plans for a SIG Hummer 1/2A?

John
Old 11-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SIG Hummer Plans?

Available from [link=http://www.sigmfg.com]SIG[/link] -- Part No. SIGKP250, $3.90. If you call in, plans ship for a reduced price.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

I think I have them. Do you have a question or want a set?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:26 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started building mine last night, I've never seen printed on plans on the wood that werent at least crunch cut but its not too bad of a build, it shows being built with an .049 TD..but I think I'm gonna put an .074 in it and make it 3 channel instead of 2...Rog
Old 11-04-2006, 10:02 PM
hogflyer

Welcome to the world of Sig. Most of their kits I've built have had the internal structure printed on the wood - Kadet Mk I & II, Kougar's, Kavalier, Klipper, Colt, Hummer's etc. Makes fabrication really easy. It too bad everybody is in the ARF mode and won't enjoy the ease of building that's found in a Sig kit.

Lets see some pictures of your build.

Hogflyer
Old 11-04-2006, 10:18 PM
flyinrog

Hey HF, I admit when I first opened the box I gasped and figured I'd get to this one after I retire in 20 years..,but looking at it and reading the instructs made it look not too hard...I dont have a cam for pics but if all goes well, I will be getting one soon....Rog
Old 12-30-2006, 03:32 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rog, How is your Hummer comming along? Pics yet?

The hummer has always attracted me. Can anyone say why it isin't mentioned much on the forum? Poor kit or just poor wood in the kit? Bad performer?

Robert
Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM
flyinrog

My hummer is stalled, its on the kitchen table..the wing is about done, the stick part of the fuse is on the fuse sides, thats about it..We've been having such nice weather I am spending my time out flying and there are 2 or 3 other projects on the plate...I would say its just not that popular because it isnt even die cut..if I were looking to build a small plane I would immediately think of a simple series and I can tell you they are much easier to build...the plane is basically a mini fourstar with a much longer nose...Rog
Old 12-30-2006, 10:28 PM
build light

Really? Printwood? Like the Comet kits heh!

I did a search and there was some activity with this plane but all of it old. With the price so right and easily had from Sig I figured it must have had cooties or something that I had not read about.
Looks designed to race but it it looks more sexy than racey if you know what I mean. If it were to be competitive to race it would need some sweep on the wings and certainly the wingspan would do better clipped by a couple of inches.

Still a very nice looking plane.
Anyone else like this one?

Robert
Old 12-31-2006, 03:02 AM
NEW222

I got this little guy. Built it about ten years ago and still in one piece. Never crashed it yet. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I never even flew it yet. Got out of the hobby and am now coming back in. Great looking little plane, no problems building, my second build, and would like to get back in the air this spring and hopefully I will be ready to fly it later this summer when I feel ready.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:51 PM
kzimmerman

i built one, lightened it considerably and intend to put a brushless up front and see what happens. I flew it once, but with a gobrushless homebrew that I havn't worked the bugs out of yet, so it didn't have enough power to do much. Flew very well at slow speeds though, but I think it's supposed to go fast. It is a racing plane, and conforms to the 1/2a racing rules from the AMA.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 PM
build light

There are two problems to over come in order to go fast with electric.
1. Have enough power
2. Have enogh RPMs

Many of the outrunner type motors are wound for torque. For this you sacrifice RPMs The right one will fly your plane well, just not with any real speed to get excited about.

The inrunners are built for higher RPM output but do not pull as well. So you need to find an outrunner that has enough power and make sure you have enough voltage to get those RPMs where you want them... High!

Robert
Old 01-14-2007, 09:52 PM
mnrcaerobat

I have had many of these. It is a fun sport plane. My first one had a cox 049 and I never flew it. The second was flown quite a bit with a norvel 049. It needed more power. I flew the third one with a norvel 074 and it was a good match. I also flew one with a himax. It was the motor gearbox combo motor. I used an 8x6 prop with the lowest gear ratio possible. I think it was like 4.5:1. It flew it pretty well until I lost it on an inside loop that ended up on the ground.

The plane is easy to build and pretty fun to fly. I would use 9 gram servos and a nice light pack, and its a pretty decent sport flyer.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:59 PM
mnrcaerobat

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIG-HUMMER-1-2-A...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
mnrcaerobat

Another. Includes a TD 051