Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Hey Crew, goin' to the Winston Swap?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Hey Crew, goin' to the Winston Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Crew, goin' to the Winston Swap?

Hey Dudes and Dudettes,

The excitement and drama of the election will be over. The good guys will be ready to do what's right for the people. The bad guys will go back to stealing hub caps. So youse-all will have to struggle to come up with an excuse to stay home. Come and buy my ju . . . good stuff. Bargains galore. Free advise. Autographs at discount prices. Order framed photos of me in time for Chr . . . I mean Holiday gift giving (love them politicians). Well?
Old 11-07-2006, 03:45 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hey Crew, goin' to the Winston Swap?

Raymond - When is the swap meet in W-S? This weekend?

I would like to go if possible.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 11-07-2006, 04:45 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Not going to make it this year. So you guys buy up all the good deals. I did just reserve 5 wall table for BARKS in January though!!

Bob Harris
Old 11-07-2006, 07:31 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

5!!, Are you selling everything you have left?...Rog
Old 11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well, I need to open up some more hangar space for upcoming projects. One table will be for the Vintage RC Society and the midSouth Flyin promo stuff, the rest for some fine examples of the modeling experience (JUNK) I need to part with. The big Christian Eagle sold last week and I have a hand full of Fine 1/2A engines and my last Norvel (not included in the fine!) needing firewalls to screw them on to!!!

The DH88 Comet is about ready for construction and at 14 feet it will take up some shelf space!!!! Gonna have to convince Vicman or Tim to do some machining on the retracts for me also!!!

So.... if you gonna go to the BARKS show look me up. Maybe we can all meet and take a picture like last time!

Bob Harris
Old 11-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Brian, the swap meet is the 11th. Directions are in the AMA magazine. I think they usually open around 7:00AM (That's early in the morning). This show is not as big as the January BARKS but I think this is a good time of year to do it.

I have a SINGLE table paid for in January. I expect I'll try to sell some of the stuff I buy this Saturday. Ah, the free enterprise system at its best.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Raymond,

Seeya tomorrow...... probably early....

Dan
Old 11-11-2006, 01:33 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

Went to the swap this morning and it was sure busy! Lots of deals being made. Brought my 3 oldest (2,4,& 6) and just had them sit under the table while I perused the goods.

Picked up an .051 TD and .049 Medallion R/C. The Medallion primarily for the unique throttle mechanism using a sliding tube and linkages. Also picked up some small lite wheels (Dave Brown) and a set of Barling NB-3 plans by Hurst Bowers for cheap.

Saw both Dan and Raymond there... Raymond was busy reading a book by his table and making deals with potential customers.

Lots of fun and great deals,
Brian
Old 12-15-2006, 09:14 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of the BARKS swap meet being larger than the Winston Salem one...............

Wait till next year. The WSRC club is in negotiations with the Fair Grounds people for a building that's about 3 times as large. After just about busting the building's seams this year, IT'S TIME TO GROW. We figure to have about twice the tables next year. And a scale display. And have some vendors that want to set up when we got the room for them (and we will).

But speaking of the BARKS swap meet THIS YEAR.............. It's about a month off, isn't it? Toward the last of January?