Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Streak, Mite, HLG deal

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Streak, Mite, HLG deal

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Streak, Mite, HLG deal

For what its worth (which ain't much I know but humor me). I just came across a magazine that has full size plans for the 1/2A Flite Streak CL model - its a British magazine - so its not been modified to suit kit manufacture. Lotsa ribs, kinda “buildy”. But still a profile Fliete Streak! I have a Brodak .049 that might just fit in there. The question is, do I really want to build a CL model and if so, where would I fly it, and who with? (Subtle ain’t I?)

In another magazine I found the Balsaurus HLG (18-inch wing, cartoon pterodactyl) plan that I was looking for. But I flipped down a few more pages and there smiling at me was the whole article and plans for the Guided Mite. .020 power, all-sheet, RE. What a score! I think plans for the Guided Mite are available elsewhere (maybe somebody will provide a pointer.)

Here's the deal; if you act before midnight any day soon and swear to abide by the rules of the Grand and Exalted Carolina 1/2A Crew, AND never spit into the wind (or eat yellow snow) - I will real-mail you 8.5x11 copies of the Flite Streak, and/or the Balsaurus, and/or the Guided Mite (if not available elsewhere) for the paltry sum of 13.75 Yen (that's $0.00 Canadian).

Alas, you must PM me your real-mail address. I promise not to sell anybody's data unless I get a pretty good price. And since the Streak came from a British magazine (and therefore qualifies for International offer-hood) I will include people anywhere beyond the Carolina boundaries in the deal.

Disclaimer; it would be nice if you would really think about building one or all of these models but I know that the itch just to fondle plans is too much for some of youse all. Anyway, since this is Thanksgiving week here ‘bouts I probably won't wander down to Kinko's til next week so you have plenty of time to place your order.

Adden-dumb. I have just been informed that NEXT week is Thanksgiving week. Feel free to comment about old age and mental limitations. Well, I DO know the way to the Post Office. So the deal still stands.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:34 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Streak, Mite, HLG deal

[&o]Stupid snow rule bites me again![sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Raymond, if it's in a magazine, can you scan it in? It'd make those Kinko's runs a little cheaper. I'd like to eyeball the Balsaurus, but probably wouldn't build it. (unless it's good for a 5yo boy)
Old 11-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Patrick,

My scanner is right here next to the monitor. Its OK I guess. But I just like to get "sur-prizes" in the mail and I expect others out there have the same affliction. I think that's why I still order plans from the magazines. Besides, I get to flirt with the lady postal clerk. I think she likes old, fat, bald guys. Either that or she can't see very well.

As for the Balsaurus, are you implying that I have not the skills of a five year-old? Oh, that's right you've seen me fly. Well, its a cute little model and the designer, Earl Cayton, had a knack for publishing models that I liked. So once again this is a trip (stumble) down memory lane as I built one when I was but a lad - but the thermal god, Hung, took it from me! Aw. I had no clue about dethermalizers back then - wouldn't use one now either. It just ain't "pure" somehow.

So, would you like a Streak plan?

Sorry Vic, but I can't relax the "snow" rule. We'll have a long talk later in the week.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Sneasle

Sure, I'd like to have a look at em, need somethign to keep me busy during the spring term.

Gotta agree with Patrick though, I'd rather have them scanned .
Old 11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
ptulmer

Raymond, I just have a hard time asking for favors I guess. I'd like to build something for my kid. (and yes, I'd like a flite streak, too!) I'll pm my address. I've got a Sig Buster sitting at home right now that Flyswatter is going to use to teach me c/l skills, so a 1/2a c/l'er is right up my alley.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:00 PM
GrahamC

Aren't old magazines just wonderful. I think I have all those stashed somewhere in one or other or perhaps more than one of my piles of stuff.

No snow yet but it's coming.

cheers, Graham in Embrun near Ottawa Canada.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:57 AM
mylamo
My Feedback: (1)

Raymond
The regular Flite Streak made a great RC with two
servos and a .20. I mounted the rudder and aileron
servos in each wing and buried a rx and small battery
in the wing,leaving the plug hanging out for a switch.
Flew it for years,carried around in a '80 Capri RS. Both
were a lot of fun.
Ralph
Old 11-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

Sneaz, OK, OK, I'll scan them - one of these days. But I'm still gonna visit the pretty mail clerk.

Patrick, I will stick my nose - er neck - out and proclaim that I think nothing as easy to build flies as well as a Flite Streak. So I would have to agree that the Baby Streak would make a good stunt trainer for you or your progeny. As for favors, I believe that other than breakfast (I never forget when its about food) I'm the one that is the ower here.

Mylamo, I have to admit that when I first opened the plans page I thought of an R/C FS version. The wing section is so thick that I believe I could easily get all the necessary radio equipment in there and still keep a "clean" profile fuselage. I guess the answer is to build two at a time.

No Laumer design this time. The Flite Streak is by George Aldrich, Guided Mite is by Bob Coon, and the Balsaurus came from Earl Cayton.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 AM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool stuff, I happen to have before me a copy of the plan for "The Peanut" a 1/2A record holder for c/l racing...its an 8.5 inch plane with a 9 inch wingspan with a chord of almost an inch and a half....AND I bought a 1/2A pylon racer from Shu Gee,,its an older kit,,sticks and blocks you know...my favorite kind....Raymond I still think the good ol army fed you some good drugs without you knowin about it....but we still love ya old man....Rog
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
small_rcer

Hello All:

FYI

Guided Mite and other lovelies at

http://www.parmodels.com/ralphs_models.htm

Jim H

Old 11-14-2006, 06:35 PM
ptulmer

[sm=lol.gif] Raymond, if it makes you feel better, I found out it was allergies that gets me every year at Perry.(3 in a row) Next year I will BUY your choice of meal. I know that won't get me off the hook for the one missed...
Old 11-14-2006, 07:26 PM
rainedave

That little powered glider thing would be perfect to fly around during commercials when you're lounging on the sofa:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53836.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	560363  
Old 11-16-2006, 07:53 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

I knew I had seen this before. Boy, how I wish my memory was as good as my flying ability - oh wait, I'm afraid that it is!

http://www.parmodels.com/ralphs_models.htm

Thanks Stewart.

Oh my goodness! Its the same one!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:02 PM
hfenn

Thank you Raymond! My package came today. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:48 PM
nekked_man_2000

Mine came a couple of days ago, thanks very much.

Austin
Old 11-22-2006, 06:04 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MIne came yesterday as well! I am very pleased! Thanks, Raymond LeFlyr !

Robert
Old 11-26-2006, 08:25 PM
lildiesel

What? You're not going to offer folks the Astro Oink (1/3 scale Astro Hog) plans on the other side of that pull out with the Baby Flightstreak?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Yo LilDiesel,

Sorry about the Astro Oink sneaking in there. I just hoped that nobody would notice. But if you need inspiration, think of an .010 up front. Let me know how it comes out, haaaw.