Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Those parkflyer replacement wings

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Those parkflyer replacement wings

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:58 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those parkflyer replacement wings

The last time I was in the LHS I was looking at those foam replacement wings for the various parkflyers, like ParkZone, etc. I was thinking why not use them for 1/2A projects like the Ace foam wings? Parkzone has a pretty nice Cub replacement wing - I saw both under-cambered and Clark Y type versions. Anyway, I might just pick up one of these replacement wings and build a fuselage around it.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ1120

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4120
Old 11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Nightstalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Those parkflyer replacement wings

Hi Dave - I was thinking the same thing as my Dad bought a P-Zone Cub a Couple of years ago and he gave it to me to play with. I've flown it a few times and it really doesn't fly as good as some of the lighter wood planes I fiddle with in the schoolyard behind my house. Seems like it's really heavy for it's size and thus high wing loading. What I was considering doing was build a lighter all balsa and ply fuse and then take the stock foam wing with the under camber and cover it with low weight / low heat covering to make it a flat bottom Clark-Y(ish) airfoil and see what that does. Problem is I have way too many other planes ahead of that project, i.e. the Mini SunFli you sent me plans of, a Live Wire Kitten (elelctric version of the deBolt design), a Livewire Pursuit (early deBolt Pattern ship) a Jr Falcon, Jr. Skylark, Minnie Mambo, Trainermaster, Sterling RC Ringmaster, Lou Andrews Minimaster and not in any given order.... I'm SICK I tell ya... Totally outta control!

Thanks for the inspiration and expertise in yor posts Dave.

Regards from AZ,
Todd Ewing

P.S. Hows the All Wood Bridi U.F.O. comming along - got'er painted? Haven't seen anything new in that thread lately.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The main thing I'd be concerned about is stiffness. There's no shortage of wings out there, so you'd think that at leeast some of them should be pretty good for a 1/2A model.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:57 PM
rainedave

I was thinking about flex, too. It would be easy enough to cut a groove in the underside and epoxy something in like a Dave Brown FG pushrod.

Todd, thanks. I'm going to try to get the painting done by this weekend.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 AM
flyinrog

Dave, for another $15 you can get a whole cub kit of a simple series,,foam wing and all (good hardware kit too) ,unless you are just in an experimenting mood and thats cool too....Rog