Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Throttle for 049

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
joe0490

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle for 049

Hi All;
I had 049s back in the 50', but know nothing about what is out there now. As I remember, if you lucked out you would get one that ran. Most didn't. None had throttles so I gave up on them. So I have been flying 15-60s on and off from then till now.
I hear the 049s are much better now. Do thay have a throttle that can be trusted? I want to get into the smaller aircraft now and need some help. What motors would you all recomend that would have a reliable throttle and would not be to hard to start. I don't want to spend a arm and a leg untill I get some expereance with them .
I have a J3 put togeather that would be just right.

Thanks Much
Joe B
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Throttle for 049

Now that norvel is out of the options I would suggest an AP Wasp. $40 for a throttled .061 is a good deal.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/211280.asp
Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Throttle for 049

I second the AP Wasp for a new, warrantied engine that's available immediately. It's a decent amount of work and time searching down NIB Norvels at fair prices. It can be done, I just got a NIB Norvel .074 for $43 w/DB mount, but I'd been watching and waiting for a long time. I bought an AP Wasp a few weeks back and it's a really nice engine for the price. I would definitely buy another one.