Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

North West Meeting.

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

North West Meeting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:18 PM
skaliwag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default North West Meeting.

Who in the North West would be interested in meeting up at the Boeing Hops and Props on Feb 10 2007 ???????

Hops & Props: An Elegant Craft Beer Tasting Experience.....

Where? Boeing Museum of Flight, Seattle, Washington.

When? Saturday, February 10, 2007, 7 – 10pm

Fifty craft breweries from eight states and five countries will once again converge on The Museum of Flight to share their specialties. Guests can sample the finest examples of the brewer’s art while learning more about beer than they’ve ever imagined knowing from the expert brew masters on hand. Gourmet hors d'oeuvres will be provided by Catering by McCormick and Schmick’s. The general event ticket price includes live music by Seattle band BD & the Rockits, all sample tastes, food selections, a commemorative tasting glass, an educational tasting guide and access to the Museum’s galleries. Some tickets will be available at the door, but space is limited, and advance reservations are strongly recommended. A VIP experience is available offering early admission, reserved parking and a private tasting of specialty brews, featuring commentary by a renowned beer critic. Note: All attendees must be 21 years of age.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: North West Meeting.

Skaliwag, I'm there Dude! Airplanes and beer! 50 kinds to sample! I just need to check if it is in conflict with the Feb race. I bring my own STEIN to these functions, don't trust the cleanliness of those wimpy little sampling glasses.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:04 PM
skaliwag

I Knew I could count on you CP...
Old 12-16-2006, 08:45 PM
combatpigg

OK! Let's get wasted at the show, then go up to Arlington to fly some combat. I name SR77 as designated driver. I'll supply the combat junk.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 PM
scudrunner77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, designated driver? I was going to bring my own pitcher.... O'well
Old 12-16-2006, 10:32 PM
combatpigg

Well, by State law the designated driver is limited to a half gallon, so go ahead and bring your pitcher.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:54 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

50 breweries (this is where Homer Simpson goes aaaadroolhhhhhhhhh) oh man!..I have an ex girlfriend that lives in Pulyallup(sp?)..But she's married to a Hospital administrator so no chance there, but I could stop in..that sure is along way to fly home drunk..plus I cant pee on a moving vehicle, shy bladder and all ..so thats a bad plan all around huh? CP..drink 4 or 5 for me okay!..Rog
oh wait if Sam Adams has a booth, mail me a liter or 2, I love that stuff!!! I once made a batch of beer that tasted just like SA Boston Lager by accident and have never been able to reproduce the results....
Old 12-16-2006, 11:58 PM
combatpigg

I've never made beer, but it sounds like a lot of work. Sam Adams has an ad about their light beer winning a blue ribbon at some German beer fest and they competed against full strength beers. I've tried it [ their light beer] and it was real good. I think it is either Puyallup or Auburn Wa., that wins the prize for the most Schmidts' consumed [$6.99 a 12 pack type stuff ]. There's an awful lot of MULLETHEADS still bobbin' around down there, too.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
skaliwag

I went to this event 2 years ago, it is worth it. Plenty of beer and tasties and all those airplanes.

Not much of a combat guy CP, my .010's can't keep up with a Fora.. But some time at the field with you and your locals sound real good.. I'll try and bring some thing in a suitcase. Might have to be 'leccie though.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:54 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

DO we get to wander around the Mueseum as well? It's been years since I wandered around those displays. And 50 beers to boot? WOOHOO!

Anyone got some floor space for a Canuck to bed down on? No way I'm going to try driving after that...

It would be great to meet up for a meal and chat with you guys. We seem to keep trying at the Puyallup show but we're all so busy there that it never seems to gel
Old 12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Huh, it would only cost $184 bucks to fly there...
Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

I've never made beer, but it sounds like a lot of work. Sam Adams has an ad about their light beer winning a blue ribbon at some German beer fest and they competed against full strength beers. I've tried it [ their light beer] and it was real good. I think it is either Puyallup or Auburn Wa., that wins the prize for the most Schmidts' consumed [$6.99 a 12 pack type stuff ]. There's an awful lot of MULLETHEADS still bobbin' around down there, too.
Well, this was a kit, basically concentrated beer in a can, add water and sugar and boil and make sure everything is sanitized, and let it set for 2 weeks, except this particular time is when I was in a motorcycle accident and spent 5 months at my brothers house 50 miles away,,it sat so long I was gonna pour it out, but I bottled it up anyway and it was GOOD...it was probably my 5th batch ... only made it once since, the more sugar the more alcohol, I made a batch in the mid 80's that was close to liquor! 2 bottles of that and you were s-faced[:-]...Rog
Old 12-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll have to get a new passport and make some babysitting arrangements, but I'd sure like to go.

Bruce,
Maybe I can talk Paul into going and we could split costs.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:52 AM
ptulmer

Rog, I've got three of [link=http://www.mrbeer.com/]these[/link]. Made one batch that was the best beer I'd ever had and can't repeat it. Even though the recipe was easy and repeatable. Been thinking about getting a more upscale version that doesn't require sugar priming.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:34 AM
BMatthews

ORIGINAL: Bipe Flyer

I'll have to get a new passport and make some babysitting arrangements, but I'd sure like to go.

Bruce,
Maybe I can talk Paul into going and we could split costs.
Yer on...

ROAD TRIP ! ! ! !
Old 12-21-2006, 03:24 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Who's supplying the truck to carry all of you walking beer kegs to the Museum and back to Combat Pigg's flying field? IF I'm not working, up in Delta BC or grounded by the "honey do" list, I might be talked into driving. It sounds like we would need a larger vehicle than my Trans Am since I count at least 6 people. Heck, I would go down just for the aircraft since I don't drink beer. Just don't start pushing Tequila Shootersn my way
Old 12-21-2006, 08:48 AM
ptulmer

Better get a van... If I can choke up the $, I'll be there.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I was thinking more along the lines of a truck with a canopy over the bed. That way, those that can't hold the beer only need to rinse out the bed after the drive to Arlington. Better still, I don't need to worry about which person can't handle the beer
Old 01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
skaliwag

I got my Brew Testing Tickets today.. I've had my air tickets for a while..
Who else is going to be there ( I want to know who my competition is).
Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
combatpigg

Skaliwag, I didn't figure this event would need tickets held in advance to get in? If that is the case, no time like now to get in line!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:30 PM
scudrunner77

http://www.museumofflight.org/Displa...e=hopsandprops

CP, I was thinking the same thing, but I can't find anything here about buying tickets at the door.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:11 AM
skaliwag

There may not be Tickets @ the Door. When I was there 2 years ago it was pretty full. And they all were!!.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:52 AM
BMatthews

It's more pricey than I thought it would be but it sure looks like a good show for the dough! We're too late for the early bird buy though.

Bipe, you still in? What about Paul? CP, can your floor hold that many sleeping bags and model boxes?

We may have to nix the Fora on Sunday depending on our "percieved hat sizes" for the day....
Old 01-21-2007, 12:56 AM
combatpigg

Just in case there's anyone there who wants to talk down to us 1/2Aers, I'm making up brass knuckles for all us to wear with the COX logo cast into the front. Casted in backwards, of course.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:23 AM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

It's more pricey than I thought it would be but it sure looks like a good show for the dough! We're too late for the early bird buy though.

Bipe, you still in? What about Paul? CP, can your floor hold that many sleeping bags and model boxes?

We may have to nix the Fora on Sunday depending on our "percieved hat sizes" for the day....
I haven't got a commitment out of Paul yet. I'll talk to him tomorrow at the field.

I don't have a valid passport right now. Do you know if we now need one for going into the US, or just for flights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.